Installing trackIR in XPpro

graemeg

Re: Installing trackIR in XPpro

Post by graemeg »

I have the same poblem. After upgrading to XP pro my trackir1 no longer works. I have tried all NP suggested fixes including now reinstall of PRO. I do not accept going back to XP home as a reasonable solution. Had I known this I would have not purchased the trackir n the 1st place. NP claims they are not able to "replicate the problem." This denial really troubles me especially as it seems that I am no the only one with this problem. So far VERY this does not look promising.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Strange that it doesn't work on a new install, that is what normally fixes the issue.

This is a problem that we are aware of, and want to fix it. We simply can't get the problem to happen here, wish we could. There are many many thousands of TrackIR users and probably 20 with this problem, most fixed by a new install or adding in a new USB 2.0 card. The problem is in the USB drivers and can be fixed, but can be a pain to do so.

Have you tried upgrading to a TrackIR2? We have made some things easier to install in the new version and have not seen the USB issues that we have with the older unit. Contact Support to see if you can get it changed out.
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

Hi,

not sure if it's related to the installation problem but on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe Mainboard my Smartnav somehow collides with my Dell 64 MB USB-Stick. The system gives an error when I try to plug the Stick in while the smartnav is plugged in. When I plug the smartnav out the stick works fine.

Hope ths helps in finding the problem.
simon661

Post by simon661 »

I've just upgraded to a 3.2 AMD Asus AN7 motherboard with USB 2 etc and does Track IR work?

No.

I do eventually get an error message which says:

"Anchor Chips Inc. : has not provided Microsoft with "Designed for Windows XP" drivers for the hardware you are installing. "

A new sim comes out...we upgrade...half our kit doesnt work....Can I get my stereo glasses to work with my new 5700ultra graphics card?

No.

I give up. Would someone please email me in a couple of months when these problems have been sorted:
a. LOMAC has been patched and works as well as IL2FB does now.
b. Nvidia has it's 3D drivers sorted to work with my card
c. TrackIR works with USB 2 (or whatever the problem is)

(Ahh! Not that then..see later post!)

[ December 29, 2003, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Simon Dickinson ]
barn

Post by barn »

Help! I too have same problem as many people contributing to this thread.
I have XPpro (with all latest updates done as of today), MSI 845 Max3 mobo, P4 2.4, SB Audigy2.
I have tried following advice in this forum and still cannot get the TrackIR device to work. I remove all the TrackIR software. Then I remove all other linked folders in the registry. Then I do reinstall. Then I plug in device. XP tells me new USB device has been found but does not recognise it as my TrackIR and I have an unknown device which I can't point XP to a driver for...
I find this frustrating. The trackIR worked fine on my old system. But since I have upgraded it is useless.
barn

Post by barn »

ok, I just flashed my BIOS too. Still no good. It's 3am here and way past my bedtime. Perhaps someone can help me out here?
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

I had the same problem, but a reinstall of windows fixed it. Seems an awfully drastic "solution".

How come there isn't just an .inf file that you can point windows to??? That's what it is asking for when it hangs!
simon661

Post by simon661 »

On a less negative note than my last rambling post, I clearly have the same problem as Snake122 and Vegas. XP can't recognise what sort of USB device it is. Says it's an unknown device. I've tried disabling USB 2 in BIOS, installing latest drivers, all my other USB device work still except the TrackIR! Can someone from NP please help us with this?

[ December 24, 2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Simon Dickinson ]
barn

Post by barn »

I have same problem exactly. I have tried reinstalling, updating drivers, full windows update and BIOS flash.
barn

Post by barn »

Will buying this help me?

eXpansys USB 1.1 2-Port Mini-Hub

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=105336

Will I be able to plug this device into a USB2.0 socket effectively downgrading it to USB1.1 and allowing my TrackIR to work?