Problem with TRACK IR3 and Registry

Duick

Problem with TRACK IR3 and Registry

Post by Duick »

Hello,

in May 2004 I opened the Sticky TOPIC "Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver" that has meanwhile 151 replies.

I solved the installation of my Track IR3 under Windows XP Prof. using the Registry-Trick that Wayne delivered.

Now I had to reinstall my MSFlightsim2004 and lost the TrackIR-Module-Files. So I decided to reinstall Track IR3 using the same Registry-Trick.

Now appeared a new problem. I can install all the 3 necessary registry entries. All the entries appear in the registry. But always as I restart the machine the last of the entries ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}\0011]) is getting lost. Means it is definitely not more present in the registry after every reboot.

How can I overcome this ? May be that there is a new and easy to install software including the correct USB-Drivers for Win XP machines meanwhile (there was nearly one year time for the software developing team !!!) ???

I have to mention that I meanwhile installed a Computer-Network. But at the machine I am trying to install the Track IR3 at I am haveing Administrator-Rights. So I do not thing that the lost entry in the registry has to do with the network.

Just to add - as first step of the new installation I tried to install the TrackIR_4.0.022.exe but removed it because it did not help - may be it left some registry entries that have problems with the NaturalPoint_trackIR_3_11.exe that I installed afterwards ?

Regards Duick

[ February 27, 2005, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Duick ]
Duick

Re: Problem with TRACK IR3 and Registry

Post by Duick »

O.k.

solved the problem on my own. Had to install the necessary 3 Registry Entries (USB-Device, NPUSB-Service and Control Class 0011) into all the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM - ControlSets of my Computer's Registry (there meanwhile are CurrentControlSet and ControlSets 001 through 006).
Barred

Re: Problem with TRACK IR3 and Registry

Post by Barred »

Sorry Duick, I missed your post (getting slow in my old age:))