TrackIRSoftware 4.0.022 without version 3.11

Duick

TrackIRSoftware 4.0.022 without version 3.11

Post by Duick »

Hello,

I am haveing installed TrackIRSoftware 4.0.022 over a previous installed Version 3.11 of the software in order to avoid to lose the former USB-Driver installation that I had to bring to live using the various Registry Tricks.

TrackIRSoftware 4.0.022 is running very reliable so that I do not need anymore the parallel to it previously installed Version 3.11.

Is it possible to remove the 3.11 Version of the software without losing the former USB-Driver installation with its Registry-entries ???

Regards Duick
Duick

Re: TrackIRSoftware 4.0.022 without version 3.11

Post by Duick »

Hello,

is there no one who can help ?

Where is the support ????
Barred

Post by Barred »

Duick, just to clarify what you have done. I take it that you installed the ver3 software then installed the ver4 directly over it with out uninstalling the ver3.

If you are trying to run ver4 with the ver3 USB driver, the best way to do it is to install the Ver3 into one Dir and then to install the Ver4 into a different directory and then selecting No for the USB driver. That should force Ver4 to use the Ver3 driver and I would have thought it would then be possible to remover the Ver3, keeping the USB driver (I have not tried that but it should work in theory.)
Barred

Post by Barred »

try this it might work, but I can't promise.
Please only do this if you are comfortable about using regedit as editing the regestry can be harmful to your system (and I can't take responcibility if it does go wrong).

Make a restor point (just in case).
Goto run and type 'regedit' (with out the ' ')
save a backup of your regestry.
uninstall the Ver3 drivers.
Go back to regedit and save your regestry again with a different name (just in case.)
Load your original regestry.
Reboot.
If everything is working sweet, if it is not then you could either go back to the restore point or reinstall the Ver3 driver again.

To be totally honest with the amount of space the TIR folders take I would do the instalation as in my previouse post and when you have both installed I would remove the desk top short cut to Ver3 and leave it like that (it is much safer ).
Duick

Post by Duick »

Hello Barred,

that is the point. I do not know if the deinstallation routine of version 3 removes the USB-Drivers and foremost my hard earned registry entries automatically or if one can choose to keep the Drivers and registry entries in the system. As you know - in version 4 of the software you can choose to keep the old driver- and registry things.

May be I try this using a system restore point in my WIN XP in order to be able to go back to a previous running system.

Thanks anyway