TrackIR quit working - not tracking

Doorman

Re: TrackIR quit working - not tracking

Post by Doorman »

This is probably too simple to be the answer but.........I also had problems with tracking until, quite by accidentI discovered that the position of the 'alien' needed to be exact! In my case 4-5cm to the right of the 'hat' and on the same level. Prior to that TIR would only pan to the left even though everything was lined up, looking right was impossible. I'm fairly certain it's not a software problem. Hope that helps.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Barred:
I currently have the TIR plugged into it's own USB port (I've tried a couple of them, none are working) and nothing else is plugged into any USB ports right now.. no joystick or anything. So, that can't be the problem.

Doorman:
Mine worked fine when I first got it and within 10 minutes of using it, it stopped working. I've tried moving the hat+vector around from exactly in front of the "alien" to about 4 feet away and in all sorts of angles and orientations and it doesn't pick it up at all... (in places where it was before).

Similar to dalton, I've tried multiple versions of drivers. I haven't tried it on any other PCs, however, it sounds like our problems are the same. But, I also await a NP rep to reply before I get all bent out of shape and demand a refund, although I must say that this has been a very negative experience thus far. My ~10 minutes of it working were great, so I'm keeping my hopes up at this point.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Spectre, I would try it on a different PC if you can. I would also drop Wayne a email with your problem, forum name, and TIR serial number.

Good Luck
daltontr

Post by daltontr »

quote:Originally posted by Spectre:
Barred:
I currently have the TIR plugged into it's own USB port (I've tried a couple of them, none are working) and nothing else is plugged into any USB ports right now.. no joystick or anything. So, that can't be the problem.

Doorman:
Mine worked fine when I first got it and within 10 minutes of using it, it stopped working. I've tried moving the hat+vector around from exactly in front of the "alien" to about 4 feet away and in all sorts of angles and orientations and it doesn't pick it up at all... (in places where it was before).

Similar to dalton, I've tried multiple versions of drivers. I haven't tried it on any other PCs, however, it sounds like our problems are the same. But, I also await a NP rep to reply before I get all bent out of shape and demand a refund, although I must say that this has been a very negative experience thus far. My ~10 minutes of it working were great, so I'm keeping my hopes up at this point.DITTO
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

daltontr,

Great to talk with you on the phone this morning, I will have your unit exchanged for you.

Spectre,

You should have an e-mail from me with the details on how to return your unit.

I would like to apologize for the problem that you have had with your systems.
daltontr

Post by daltontr »

Wayne,
Thanks for your help. I appreciate your assistance and your customer support has been outstanding.

Thanks again,
Troy
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Indeed. You've been most helpful. I anticipate getting fixed up, because my 10 minutes with the TrackIR were great. I can't wait to use it to it's full potential.
kahulbane

Post by kahulbane »

Sorry for the late reply here guys, been realy busy... but the .20 drivers worked fine and have all week... just thouht I would tell you guys.

and my x52 is on one of my usb 2.0 jacks, and the ir is on my second usb stack under the lan, with my old mad cat wheel I use for rudder.

now my x52 is another issue...

[ April 08, 2005, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Kahul Bane ]
Opti

Post by Opti »

Hi,

I just bought the Track 3 Pro but didn't get the expansion with it. I am using the NaturalPoint hat and I am having the same issues with the tracking light going off. I am using TrackIR 4.0.0.21. I have tried using the newest drivers and still the same issues. During game play with IL2 PF or sitting out of the game while I'm right infront of the Track the light will go off. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, same issues. Like the other posts here, the unit will work for about ten minutes, after that, light goes off. It is not connected to a hub, it is using its own USB port on an Intel MB and I have tried other ports on the MB.

Thanks!

[ April 08, 2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Opti ]
pepper

Post by pepper »

You tryed using one of the reflective dots? That may help, though im not sure.