Normal WinXP behavior?

Barred

Re: Normal WinXP behavior?

Post by Barred »

Try setting the drivers/software so that it does not start when windows starts automatically. I would sugest having a shortcut and using that to fire up your TIR when ever you need it instead.
SweetMonkeyLuv

Post by SweetMonkeyLuv »

I'm already set up that way, Barred, but thanks for the suggestion. I have never tried turning on the "Run at startup" setting.

Oh, and my serial # is 28664
SweetMonkeyLuv

Normal WinXP behavior?

Post by SweetMonkeyLuv »

I'm a relatively new TIR-er. Just got my TIR3 Pro w/ VE about 2 weeks ago. Let me say first off that this is an INCREDIBLE product, and after only a couple weeks of use, I already can't imagine flight simming without it.

My normal daily procedure is like this. Sit down at WinXP Pro machine, boot up with TIR connected, start TIR software, green light + 4 red lights come on for a couple seconds, green light shuts off, and unit doesn't show as connected in software. I then unplug & replug in the TIR, WinXP asks me for the driver, I point it to the driver in the Naturalpoint folder, and it works perfectly for the rest of the night. If I shutdown the machine and restart it, the same thing happens. If I put the machine into "Suspend", then resume, all lights on the TIR go off, and will not come back on without unplugging/replugging it in.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Its a little annoying to have to unplug/replug the TIR unit everytime I power my machine up and down. I can certainly live with it, but I feel like I must be missing something?

The machine in question is a VERY new WinXP Pro installation with 4 built in USB 2.0 ports. The TIR uses one of the ports, and a USB keyboard uses another of the ports. The USB keyboard has a built-in hub with 4 ports of its own, and my Saitek X45 and CH Rudder Pedals are both plugged into it. Further, I am using the most recent TIR software.

***Edit***
I don't have my serial number on me, but I can post it tonight when I get home.

[ April 06, 2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: SweetMonkeyLuv ]
jfai

Post by jfai »

The same thing is happening with my system(s) ever since I bought TIR 2 over a year ago. Same thing when I upgraded to TIR 3 Pro. None of the TIR software updates have helped. A year ago or so I had a lengthy exchange with support, trying many things, even connecting it to a different system, but nothing helped. The support request is still open and unresolved - not a good track record.

I have resigned to unplugging the TIR hardware, powering up the system, plugging in the TIR hardware, and then start the TIR software. Works everytime. If I don't follow that procedure, the TIR software cannot find the hardware.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Bt the sound of it the driver has not been fully picke up by the regestry and is not in the driver file. I would drop Wayne a mail with your TIR number and your forum name.

[ April 08, 2005, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]