TIR to TIR3Pro: centering question

Decon

Re: TIR to TIR3Pro: centering question

Post by Decon »

Exactly!! That's as good as it gets. Use the 3.13 software it recenters properly!

Note**I still can't get the profiles to change with the selected game....I have to manually load them <sigh> The support guys ignore both these problems. Not sure why....

It still works great!
Hammer3246

Post by Hammer3246 »

quote:Originally posted by Decon:
Exactly!! That's as good as it gets. Use the 3.13 software it recenters properly!

Note**I still can't get the profiles to change with the selected game....I have to manually load them <sigh> The support guys ignore both these problems. Not sure why....

It still works great!I'm with you on the lack of support. I tried the 3.xx but it doesn't seem to work very well with the TIR 3. i.e. not as smooth.
pepper

Post by pepper »

I recommend you guys send a email with your problems, i usualy get a reply soon. But yeah, maby they should check the forums a bit more.
RonnieD316

Post by RonnieD316 »

I just activated my Vector Expansion, and my centering problem have gone away. I'm sure there is a workaround for non-vecotr TIR's, but I'm so happy with what I have now. Centers immediately, and right to DEAD-CENTER; no deadzone issues. I think that besides this "fix"; the Vector Expansion is a must-have.
Decon

Post by Decon »

1. That's total rubbish! The software should support both and do it properly. We have already gussed here that the 4.0 was VE compatible and TIR 3 Pro USEABLE.

2. You will notice the Mods answer what they want ONLY! Support is excellent for a malfunctioning unit but software is ifffy.

3. I don't want to wear a hat when I play, that's for kiddies.

4. I don't feel I lose anything with the 3.13......at this time. I wish it would recognize what profile I'm using.

5. Allthough this isn't the product I thought it would be, I still really like it and won't fly without it!

Nuff said..Decon is out on this topic. They will fix it or they won't!

Decon

[ June 26, 2005, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Decon ]
GregP

Post by GregP »

Update on my situation - still a no go after building an entirely new computer and upgrading to WinXP from 2000. The 4.0.25 drivers give me the exact same problems I've always had with the 4 series - bad centered, TrackIR losing track, very rough view panning.

Back to the 3.13s AGAIN for me.
mbellotrackir

Post by mbellotrackir »

Just how many post are needed to get someone to look at this problem?
I won't go back to 3.x drivers no way.
I have the same problem with F/A-18.
Not that I personally believe this is a problem of the game (sorry... sim).
Please Naturalpoint. What is wrong with the drivers?
ericd

Post by ericd »

mbello, please contact me through email at ericd@naturalpoint.com.

Thanks!
Jim

Post by Jim »

I just want to confirm that the users who have the "centering" problem are not using Vector Expansion. Also, for users that did have the problem in the 4.0 software, with single dot tracking, the problem went away when you used Vector?
GregP

Post by GregP »

Another update:

Eric, I tried those betas and while it did improve the quickness of centering to that which I get with the 3 series drivers, it did not change the slow constant drifting of the centered view nor the imprecise return to center that occurs when I look away and then back to front.

Jim, yes, I believe this only occurs for non-Vector users.

By the way I don't believe this is system-specific, as I recently built a mostly new system (new mobo and new OS install) and I'm having the exact same problem I had with my previous machine.

[ July 19, 2005, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: GregP ]