No Mouse Emulation

Dmitry

No Mouse Emulation

Post by Dmitry »

No Mouse Emulation

I did not found in TrackIR 3 manual that it can work in �mouse emulation mode� to use it in FPS game as tracker . Is it available to have �mouse emulation mode� or no? If YES, what shall I do to activate that mode???

Dmitry
Dmitry

Re: No Mouse Emulation

Post by Dmitry »

Is any reply available?
Abe Vigoda

Post by Abe Vigoda »

Hi there!

I also was disappointed by the lack of mouse-emulation.

Naturalpoint removed mouse emulation from their software driver fairly recently because it was too "confusing".

If you want mouse emulation, you now have to:

1. Buy the more expensive, and apparently less "confusing" smartNAV.

2. Roll back your Track IR driver to an older one that doen't support 6 vectors. (I'm not sure which number.)

There have been promises made on the forum to the effect of re-integrating mouse emulation into the Track IR, but I don't know what kind, if any progress has been made toward that end.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We will have a mouse emulation solution for our users in the near future. It is in testing now. Sorry for the delays.
Dmitry

Post by Dmitry »

To Abe Vigoda

Thanks for explanation. I am disappointed too.

To NaturalPoint - Jim
Administrator
Member # 8

What do you mean when said �near future� � one day or one year?
bflagg

Post by bflagg »

quote:Originally posted by Dmitry:

What do you mean when said �near future� � one day or one year?Somehow I don't think they use the same "near future" as Saitek

[ April 27, 2005, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: bflagg ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

SmartNAV does work with TrackIR software, just not the other way around.

What does "soon" mean in Saitek land?

Soon here means a month or so, maybe less, maybe more. The new mouse emulation is better than previous versions as it will hook into our profile system, that is a good thing. Again, we just want to make this right, thanks for bearing with us.
noel conley

Post by noel conley »

I was disappointed too, the reviews of prior versions mentioned mouse emulation, there was no mention of this feature suddenly missing on the newer version. I only do one flight sim and am usually in an unenhanced fps style game. I see great potential for the mouse emulation. Since I have a very short timed free return guarantee, I guess I will have to get a full refund and only buy after the mouse emulation support is again available and debugged. To be fair, the prior reviewers were unimpressed with the actual use of mouse emulation in game, I just figured it at least would be no worse, and possibly better with each itteration of this constantly improving product.

If I were to buy the $200 pointing version, does it come with the same game software? I see no mention of using the smartnav for gaming and I assume one would mention such a feature. What advantage would there be to buying the $200 smartnav instead of the less expensive trackir with mouse emulation (once it exists) for gaming? If it takes $200 just to free up one hand, I can stick with old fasioned mouse and joystick. I would really like to remap my current keymap to allow aiming with the Trackir on my current remappable FPS stuff.

[ April 28, 2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Psycho CHicken ]
pepper

Post by pepper »

Will it then also be possible to add your own games to a profile? Or will it start mouse mode when a game isnt enchanced automaticly?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Really good question. I believe that there will be a generic Mouse Emulation profile, but we are open to feedback once it is released and will make it "like it should be".