4.1.025 beta problem

TBS_Billy885

Re: 4.1.025 beta problem

Post by TBS_Billy885 »

reaper20, I dont know what to tell you here. I installed .025 with no problems at all and this version is much improved over .024.

I would think that you redownloaded the .025 again but if you have not then that would be my first option. Dont know what else to tell you. Maybe someone else might have an idea. Have you tryed closing some of your background programs that show up in your "tray" and see if that helps with the .025 version. I dont keep anything in my tray and only load them up when I need them. Helps a bunch with cpu cycles and memory use.

Good luck to you!
reaper20

4.1.025 beta problem

Post by reaper20 »

I tried several times to install the new 4.1.025 beta drivers (I really want that fix for the "stuck upside-down" in vector problem!). The process seems to go just fine, no errors. After uninstall, install, I go to launch TIR and the camera lights up (all 4 red LED's and the green one when I have the hat on) but I have no software interface. Attempting to re-launch TIR gives me the message that SmartNav and TrackIR cannot run at the same time and I need to close TrackIR to run SmartNav. Windows task manager shows TrackIR is running (it shows in "processes", but not in "applications") as well as something called "BugSolver", cpu usage is at >50%! I can kill both processes from task manager, processes page, bringing cpu usage back to 2~3%. Sometimes (not always) my whole system seems hosed, I can't open explorer, control panel, internet explorer etc., and have have to hard reset the system. Re-installing 4.0.024 puts me back in action and all is fine.
I tried manually uninstalling the previous drivers, installing the new drivers with the TIR unit unplugged, etc., but the results are always the same.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Matt Jones
cjlive

Post by cjlive »

quote:Originally posted by reaper20:
I tried several times to install the new 4.1.025 beta drivers (I really want that fix for the "stuck upside-down" in vector problem!). The process seems to go just fine, no errors. After uninstall, install, I go to launch TIR and the camera lights up (all 4 red LED's and the green one when I have the hat on) but I have no software interface. Attempting to re-launch TIR gives me the message that SmartNav and TrackIR cannot run at the same time and I need to close TrackIR to run SmartNav. Windows task manager shows TrackIR is running (it shows in "processes", but not in "applications") as well as something called "BugSolver", cpu usage is at >50%! I can kill both processes from task manager, processes page, bringing cpu usage back to 2~3%. Sometimes (not always) my whole system seems hosed, I can't open explorer, control panel, internet explorer etc., and have have to hard reset the system. Re-installing 4.0.024 puts me back in action and all is fine.
I tried manually uninstalling the previous drivers, installing the new drivers with the TIR unit unplugged, etc., but the results are always the same.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Matt JonesYes i can confirm this problem also! I also get an error when i restart and the trackir software tries to start.

Cj
Barred

Post by Barred »

Guys when you installed the 4.1.025 software did you:-
use 'Add/Remove Programs'
delete the old Natural point directory
unplug the TIR
reboot
install the 4.1.025
plug in the TIR
remake your profile?

Using old profiles and not deleting the old directory can cause problems. It is important tht you reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling the software because it would uninstall the old regestry references that can be kept in memory.
cjlive

Post by cjlive »

quote:Originally posted by Barred:
Guys when you installed the 4.1.025 software did you:-
use 'Add/Remove Programs'
delete the old Natural point directory
unplug the TIR
reboot
install the 4.1.025
plug in the TIR
remake your profile?

Using old profiles and not deleting the old directory can cause problems. It is important tht you reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling the software because it would uninstall the old regestry references that can be kept in memory.Yes a complete fresh install as stated above. I thought it might have been a conflict with my anti virus software NOD32. But after a uninstall of NOD and another fresh install of 4.1.025 i still end up with same problems. It might be conflicting with other software but i have only managed to test with a quarter of services etc. I'm thinking of doning a complete format and reinstall of OS soon so i'll be able to better determine whats causing the issue if there is one.

Cj
Barred

Post by Barred »

CJ I know it works from a fresh install od XP. As I found out the other day (not TIR's fault.)
ericd

Post by ericd »

Can whoever is having this problem contact me directly? I want to test a couple of fixes that might provide some relief for this problem. Email ericd@naturalpoint.com.

Thanks!
DewDog

Post by DewDog »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Eric Davison:
Can whoever is having this problem contact me directly? I want to test a couple of fixes that might provide some relief for this problem. Email ericd@naturalpoint.com.

Thanks!Email sent.

Had troubles with the centering problem in Condor using Track IR3. Having much better luck after reverting back to software 3.13.

Edit: Ooops, wrong issue. Somehow thought this was the slow centering problem. Ignore my email.

[ May 25, 2005, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: DewDog ]