TrackIR Pro Issue

Dawg

TrackIR Pro Issue

Post by Dawg »

I started to notice some jittering in game yesterday, and pulled up the TrackIR "tracking". My green dot, even when sitting still and looking straight, ranges randomly anywhere from bright green with 600 pixels recording, through different shades of grey, white and black, with only 5 pixels recording. Needless to say, this is causing havoc with the display in game. I've had the PRO for a long time (device #19478) and have never had this problem until yesterday. I did install a new stick this week, could there be some interference there?

Thank you for any thoughts or suggestions.

Dawg
McMick

Re: TrackIR Pro Issue

Post by McMick »

Hi, I'm a complete newb here and don't even have my TIR set yet (ordered but not due for another 5 days), but the first thing I'd try is to disconnect the new stick. For purely test purposes, the kbd/mouse ought to be fine. If you haven't customized your games to the new stick yet, perhaps uninstall the software and drivers for it as well, and reboot the PC.

If that makes no difference, try plugging the trackir into a different USB port, perhaps?
Barred

Post by Barred »

It is always a good idea to have your TIR and stick on different USB ports on your PC and not through a hub.

There are 2 main reasons for this, both stick and TIR are high data transfer devices and if both are going through the same port then the port can become overloaded and data is dropped. To the user the tracking would become iratic and unreliable.

The other reason is power. Some sticks draw more power via the USB than others and depending what you have running hardware wise in your PC that is drawing power from your PSU. Though this is normally the least likley of the 2.

[ October 03, 2005, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

Exactly as barred pointed out. Power consumption can cause this as well. I dont see how anyone can get by with even a 500 watt power supply anymore.