Dot Material

Toad465

Re: Dot Material

Post by Toad465 »

To ITGL72

That wooden ball I used can be attached to a Hat in the same sort of way. I built one for a friend He didn't care for the glasses. I don't care for the hat since I wear headphones (family doesn't care to hear my shooting)
We used an aligator clip, we drilled a small hole in wooden ball and stuck the wire crimped side in whole with some glue then wrapped ball with reflective tape. Now he can clip the ball on any hat or headset mic whatever he chooses. I will probably make one for myself if my Cool Glasses ever break LOL

Oh that old thread is still there , you just have to set forum for more than the last 60 days.

Also in the thread I have posted on UBI the there is a pic of an active Dot set up. towards the bottom of the post.

[ October 02, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: T_O_A_D ]
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

I snabbed a plastic sprung rigid hair band off my wife, stuck an array of 7 dots on the front (hexagon shape) and wear it on my forehead.

It looks a bit like the eyewear Geordie from Star Trek Next Generation used to wear but on my forehead instead of across my eyes!
ITGL72

Post by ITGL72 »

hahah - I can't do it man, I can't make anything that makes me feel silly! I'm not that secure with my own being. heheheehhe - If I can't do it with a HAT, or something on the end of my microphones head piece then it isnt happening. :-)

I have been using a hat with a paper clib type of thing on it. It does the job.
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

Here is my "Dalek"setup:)

I only use headphones for my simming etc and this setup works fine for me. I have since added a few more dots to help in the Y axis(up and down) tracking.
The trackIR unit seems to have less range in this area; most probably a hardware layout issue with the units transmitters?
This can simply be addressed through the software by making the up and down movement more sensitive than the left and right one.
Also, one can clearly see when checking the tracking how important the need is to have a round reflective ball.

As soon as I have found some of that 3M tape, I am going stick a small ball on the end of my Dalek rod instead of the rounded white blue- tack I currently use....In fact I have a cool idea for a good all round solution...When I get around to making it, I'll
post back.

Also remember that it is more efficient/increases smoothness and tracking when ones reflector is further away from the head (like the brim of a cap or an extended rod); this natuarly increases the range of tracking movement in relation to ones head movement; increased "TrackIR's Fulcrum" .

S!ap
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

BTW, this was an unit extension idea I made from a pen cassing to increase the tracking strengh...I dont use it anymore because I have moved my PC and monitor into a less well light area and using the extension makes it worse (red box/to close)...Or maybe it's just the new software