Falcon 4.0 Allied Force

bunraku

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force

Post by bunraku »

Hi

I've downloaded the latest Version of the TIR Software which has enabled my TIR to start working in F4AF.
I'm using the default profile and compared to my smooth LOMAC Profile it seems very jerky.
It's like it's swapping between the different default viewpoints rather than a nice smooth pan.

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanx
Barred

Re: Falcon 4.0 Allied Force

Post by Barred »

Hi, from the sounds of it you are not running the patched version of F4:AF. The patched version turned the in 2D cockpit off for TIR because it was doing precisley as you described and there was no way around it as there are no 'between screens'.

You can still use TIR in F4:AF but only in the 3D cockpit, just switch over to it.
bunraku

Post by bunraku »

how do i change over mate?

Thanx
Barred

Post by Barred »

3 and 2 to go back.

S!
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Actually Barred, the latest patch, 1.04, added better 2D support.

I'm not sure which version you're using there bunraku. You don't say in both this thread and over in Frugals. But the 3D cockpitis going to give you the best performance.

If you need a Falcon profile and can wait until next week when I have my comupter hopefully working again I can email you one.

[ December 22, 2005, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Snake122 ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

1.03 here Snake and there was no 2D implementation, I remember the reason I gave bunaku was the reason given over at Frugals.

Unfortunatly I have been out of the F4 loop of a couple of months or so due to personal problems, so thanks for the heads up Snake I will go look now.
Cheers

update::
Thanks Snake I had not been over to Frugals for a while so I had not realised 1.04 was out and there is a big improvement in the 2d pit.

[ December 22, 2005, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Hehe yeah I just saw your post over there. Glad to give you the heads up. I also made a post about it in the dusty Falcon forum here too. The new support has mixed reviews but I like it and it's defintiely improvement over old 2D support.
bunraku

Post by bunraku »

Thanx Guys

Seems to work smoothly in the 3d view.
Does'nt seem to go down to the lap/knees or the lower side panels like the other view.

Is that normal?
Barred

Post by Barred »

That could be down to the camera losing the reflectors as they go edge on when looking up/down too far. Try pushing your cap further back so the peak is a little higher.

:S!