No Green Light

rodom

Re: No Green Light

Post by rodom »

quote:Originally posted by d-uli:
quote:Originally posted by 99th_Cherokee:
I have TrackIR 3 Pro, and it has been working just fine, until now. When I start it up I get the four red LEDs and the Green Reflective detector light will momentaryliy light up, but go out after about 3 seconds.

Is it burnt out or what?I have the same problem. To stop this problem, I tried follow: I uninstall V4.1.27 with backup. I install V4.1.28 with rebackup. After that, I have the same problem.

I have TrackIR 3 pro with Extension, Serial-No. 19192.

What ist to do now? (sorry for my bad english). Please help me. If somebody write in german, it would be nice. Outherwise in english. Thank You.Are you using a USB hub or connecting it through a laptop? What type of setup do you have?
refields

Post by refields »

I had this happen too. All I did was quit the TrackIR software and then unplug the TrackIR, wait a moment, and plug it back in.

It started working again when I re-opened the TrackIR software.

As an aside, it happened when I fired up GT Legends without first firing up the TrackIR. I had alt-tabbed to desktop and started TrackIR but the sim didn't see it. Quit and restarted the sim and that's when I found that TrackIR was no longer working.

Unplugging and replugging in the head fixed it. No driver unload/reload.
Berni

Post by Berni »

I have TrackIR 3 Pro, and it has been working just fine, until now.
When I start it up I get the four red LEDs and the Green Reflective detector light will momentaryliy light up, but go out after about 3 seconds.

My pilot's version is 4.1.28 final. Serial-No. 21808.

I'm connecting it through a laptop.

I have reinstalled the driver, rebooted my system and .... the same problem.

When I restore the system to a previous state I can play a game the IL2, but when I return to again try it at another moment ..... the same problem.

Help please
Barkhorn

Post by Barkhorn »

This is pretty much same issue i am having also. Re-install software and USB drivers. I t will work for a few reboots and then blam same issue as before.
Scrappy

Post by Scrappy »

I think you will find this is a USB issue, nothing to do with the TIR unit or software ....

Try updating your OS's USB drivers (sometimes motherboard manufacturers provide these too). Also it could be that you have too many USB devices for your power supply to handle! Each device draws power and if one is drawing more power (printers are bad for this!) then other devices will suffer.

Hope that helps.
Walthanas

Post by Walthanas »

I had the same problem with my TrackIR3pro with vector add on. It worked just fine for months, without me changing or adding any hardware or software, this morning it suddenly refused. The green LED came on for a few seconds, and then disappeared. Both with version 4.something.28 as with the old version 3.something... No tracking, nothing, even though pushing the F9 button switched the red LED.

Pulling it out of the USB port and reconnecting it solved the problem. I don't know for how long this will last, but it seems to work steadily now again.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?

Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Hub"(s) that show and turn off the power saving feature that turn those ports off when idle. Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.