No Green Light

victorlcook

No Green Light

Post by victorlcook »

I have TrackIR 3 Pro, and it has been working just fine, until now. When I start it up I get the four red LEDs and the Green Reflective detector light will momentaryliy light up, but go out after about 3 seconds.

Is it burnt out or what?
victorlcook

Re: No Green Light

Post by victorlcook »

quote:Originally posted by 99th_Cherokee:
I have TrackIR 3 Pro, and it has been working just fine, until now. When I start it up I get the four red LEDs and the Green Reflective detector light will momentaryliy light up, but go out after about 3 seconds.

Is it burnt out or what?Shoot me an eamil, I need to get this fixed ASAP.
Ateng

Post by Ateng »

Hi all,

that's exactly the same problem for me.

Hardware is TrackIR 3 Pro and my pilot's version is 4.1 Build 27. Four days ago, all was fine. I come back today from a journey, and my TrackIR doesn't display any green light anymore :'(

I have reinstalled the driver, rebooted my system. My green light just disappears after one second.

Any help ?

Thanks,
Damien.

PS : I'm going to install last version of the driver, just to see.
Ateng

Post by Ateng »

Event with the last version, that's the same problem... Maybe an hardware problem ? How to know ?
Ateng.
Ateng

Post by Ateng »

I finally found a solution to this problem, if not the cause...

1. Uninstall the driver
2. Uninstall TrackIR from USB devices
3. Unplug the USB
4. Replug the USB - don't install anything
5. Reinstall the TrackIR's pilot

And the magic green light appears !

Regards,
Ateng.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Have you tried the latest software off our website? If so, I would also run the reg fix that its stickied on top of the forum.
victorlcook

Post by victorlcook »

Ok, I reinstalled the driver and used a different USB port, and it seems to be working. I can't say what caused the problem.

By the way, what is the MTBF for the device?

Thanks
Sleepless

Post by Sleepless »

This should be stickied! Had exactly the same problem, working fine last night then this morning would light up for 2-3 seconds then disappear with just the LEDs lit.

Followed Atteng's remove usb and reinstall fix and hey presto back to working order. BTW, the registration fix didnt work.

[ February 11, 2006, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Sleepless ]
victorlcook

Post by victorlcook »

Thanks to all for the help. It is now working. I actually had it plugged into a USB Add-On card and the card was not flowing enough. Other than I just reinstalled it, and it works fine.
d-uli

Post by d-uli »

quote:Originally posted by 99th_Cherokee:

Is it burnt out or what?I have the same problem. To stop this problem, I tried follow: I uninstall V4.1.27 with backup. I install V4.1.28 with rebackup. After that, I have the same problem.

I have TrackIR 3 pro with Extension, Serial-No. 19192.

What ist to do now? (sorry for my bad english). Please help me. If somebody write in german, it would be nice. Outherwise in english. Thank You.

[ February 13, 2006, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: d-uli ]