TrackIR only works in one direction

l3th4l

TrackIR only works in one direction

Post by l3th4l »

I bought my TrackIR (non-pro) some time ago together with th Vector expansion and was very satisfied with the performance. everything worked great until i upgraded my TrackIR software. I am not sure if the fault lies with the software though since i have tried reinstalling the old software that came with my trackir without success. also i have tried reinstalling the whole os but the problem didn't disappear.

Now what is the problem? It seems that my trackir has lost the ability to track movement beyond certain threshholds. i.e. where once i could lock left and right over my shoulder in lock-on i can only look about 30deg. left. the right side remains unaffected. same goes for up and down. i can look all the way up but the down-movement stops just a few degrees off the center.

a few picture to demostrate:

max left, center, max right

i have remedied the issue by disabling the vector tracking and using only the integrated reflector in the hat but even that has only limited motion.

right now it is a pain to use trackir since i cannot use any vector functionality and the dot tracking is very inaccurate and i have to constantly adjust the centre to be able to look all the way left and right.

my trackir serial: 27329

[ January 23, 2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: l3th4l ]
l3th4l

Re: TrackIR only works in one direction

Post by l3th4l »

hello?? anyone?
rodom

Post by rodom »

First thing I would do is this to keep things simple.

1. Uninstall the software you are using from "Add/Remove Programs" in your Windows control panel.

2. Open "My Computer" and browse to the following folder: C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint

3. Delete the complete folder called TrackIR4

4. Download the software again from here.

5. Now that you have a complete and fresh install with all default settings try the software again and see how the profile works.
l3th4l

Post by l3th4l »

Tried that already about 4 times. once with the old software that came with my trackir, once with the newest one from your site. then i formatted and reinstalled my os and did the whole thing again.

edit:
I was wondering if maybe having the device connected for long periods of time can cause this malfuction? i ask, because i had my pc running for at least 48hrs nonstop without plugging out the device..

i must also stress that the device has worked perfectly for a week or two before acting up without me changing the input curves, the positioning of the unit or anything else, except installing the new software. (i believe it was going from build .25 to build .28)

[ January 25, 2006, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: l3th4l ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

Well if you disconnect the device for about 10 seconds, plug it back in. Does the issue still occur?
l3th4l

Post by l3th4l »

yes.
ajay501

Post by ajay501 »

I have a similar problem. The camera tracks the hat reflectors well, but the game heads react to the yaw input as if it is roll. The TrackIR worked very well for months before the problem appeared. Just uninstalled and reloaded the latest driver and the problem still occurs.

Will post the solution as soon as I get it fixed.
SW

Post by SW »

i have same problem since 2 mounths. I have sent email to naturalpoin support, but i never haved answere. Can someone help us?
rodom

Post by rodom »

Is your clip bent at all? Any of the reflectors? Also If that is not the case, I didnt see it mentioned if anyone tried hitting the Defaults button for the profile your using... either Flight or Default.
SW

Post by SW »

i have tried all profiles (default, flight, combat flight, rase), but any of them have not works in vector mode, but all works well if i set dot mode. (sorry for my english...)