wrong zero pitch in FS9 - how overcome ?

wiper

wrong zero pitch in FS9 - how overcome ?

Post by wiper »

Is there a way to get a proper zero pitch value for the TIR view in FS9 ?

In FS9 the forward view direction is defined in the panel.cfg but as it looks now TIR does not refer to this setting and takes a default value for all aircraft (probably along the acft longitudinal axis).

Therfore it is impossible to get a *steady* proper forward view as the TIR zero pitch setting is WAY to high for alomst every aircraft and most of the main instruments are outside the view area (forcing the user to reset TIR to a "synthetic" zero pich position within the accelerated/moving portion of the pitch curve!)

Is there a solution for this ?

If it is a problem to get the correct zero values from FS9 (?), why not implement variable x-position values in the curve editor?
This would also give the user much more flexiblity for fine tunings which i anyway miss very much for this great product.
Toady

Re: wrong zero pitch in FS9 - how overcome ?

Post by Toady »

Hi wiper
Have you tried looking in the FS forums for any software to adjust the default view position/angle?
In LockOn I used a little program called 'GUI Configurator' which let me adjust the perspective to suit my own needs.
I'm not an 'FS' buff though and have no idea what is out there for the game.
wiper

Re: wrong zero pitch in FS9 - how overcome ?

Post by wiper »

Thanks for your reply Toady.

The problems is not the setting for FS9 but TIR software settings/readings which does "its own" default view independently to what is setup in FS9.

In FS9 the view parameters are defined in panel.cfg files which are usually set for each aircraft individually

For example if one defines a view pitch of say 10 deg (in the panel.cfg) and resets the aircrafts 3D window the sim renders this accordingly and well.

What happens with TIR is that as soon as it gets activated and the view direction is reset (F12), the view pitch is swichted to 0 deg.. means TIR refers to the default view angle of the program instead using the settings for a specific aircraft.

However i will have look into FS forums as u suggested - thanx