TrackIR won't track

Phil

TrackIR won't track

Post by Phil »

Hello all!

I have a TrackIR 3 basic and am having a small problem with it. I have FS2004 on my C drive and another installation of FS2004 and FS2002 on another drive. TrackIR works perfectly on both sims on the second drive but is inactive on the installation on C drive. All the lights light up properly, I am using the latest software, but it just won't function. Can anyone tell me how I can rectify this problem?

Thank you,

Phil
rodom

Re: TrackIR won't track

Post by rodom »

What add-ons are you using with the C partition? Anything to modify the FS9.cfg or language.dll file?
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hi Rick,

I checked the language.dll in FS9 on C drive and there were two, one marked oldlanguage.dll. The one being used was slightly smaller (212 vs 216kb) but both were the same version. I looked on the installation on F drive and there were two language.dll files on that one, but both were the same size. So, on the C drive installation I deleted the smaller one, which I figured was probably corrupted and renamed the remaining one just language.dll. Works fine now! That was really simple!

The installation I have on FS9 is actually Bill Lyons Silver Wings but I just left it FS9. The installation on F drive is Bill Lyons Golden Wings 3. It has its own .cfg named FSGW and nothing I can think of connecting the two sims. Both are completely independent of the other. Both are now recognized by TrackIR, both work fine. I am using Active Camera with both and it works fine. So I think we are up and running ok. It still works fine with FS2002 also.

Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

[ May 08, 2006, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Phil ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

Good Deal... I am glad it's working now.