64 bit driver issue with TrackIR3 Pro...

scragbat

64 bit driver issue with TrackIR3 Pro...

Post by scragbat »

Could a mod (Warren?) take a look at the problem I am having with the 64 bit drivers in the 64bit driver sticky

The problem happens in 64bit Windows but not the 32bit version so it's not my hardware that is at fault...

I would really appreciate any help you can offer as I have spent many hours trying to solve this...

Thanks and regards
Scrag

[ June 09, 2006, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Scragbat ]
warrenEBB

Re: 64 bit driver issue with TrackIR3 Pro...

Post by warrenEBB »

Hello sir,
i haven't seen the issue you describe before. Can you try the following to help me sleuth it out, to see if it lets the software shut down?

1) Try unpluggin camera before closing software

2) Try unplugging camera after closing software (while software is "stuck running")

After we have this feedback, I can go from there. Thanks!

[ June 08, 2006, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
scragbat

Post by scragbat »

Thanks Warren,

That's one thing I didn't try but will later (at work).
I might also try some of the other USB ports (I have 8) and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers for getting back to me...

Regards
Scrag
scragbat

Post by scragbat »

Hi Warren,

I did as you instructed. Firstly unplugging the device before shutting down the software. Windows gives the two tone beep that usually accompanies a device being unplugged. 'TrackIR.exe x32' remains in Task Manager after unplugging, but when I shut down the software the task dissapears!

After plugging back in (two tone beep), the software starts up fine and the device is fully functional.

Shutting down the software with the device still plugged in leaves the trackir task still running, but when I unplug, the task dissapears from task manager instantly!

Both methods manage to fully exit the software/driver successfully and give me the sollution I was looking for

I will now just plug the device in when I need to use it in one of my front USB slots.

My thanks Warren