trackir 3 pro is only fit for the trash

seafire

trackir 3 pro is only fit for the trash

Post by seafire »

trackir is the biggest pice of crap

I have come across, this is the deal u set it up fiddle about with it, takes hours to do so, finally get it to work, then you go to the toilet, guess it does not dam well work, jesus man how can you guys release this kind of rubbish and go home and sleep, talk about ripping people off, so i post on here for some support, and some nob says if you are "still having issues contact us via the dam email" ssssh christ, I do not want to use email thats why I have come on here, the mind boggles.

the dam thing keeeps gettin stuck, it will not pan properly, only pans to the left even then it goes to zoom. What a load of rubbish. I am stying away from this con, great support.

yep got the last drivers, yet it four feet away
yep i have coverd the light sources expect i way glasses and some times tw little red dots show, what am I supposed to do, not use them duh.

Still this hardware, software etc is rubbish.

off the the trash it goes, buy trackir, great support by the way.

fantastic.
VincentG

Re: trackir 3 pro is only fit for the trash

Post by VincentG »

I am sorry you feel that way. I wanted you to contact us through email, as some of the questions, and screen shots that we would ask for can not be sent through a forum. We would still like to help you out, and make your TrackIR experience a better one.

Support@Naturalpoint.com
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Could you give us your serial number, and send a screen shot of the tracking screen?

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.

2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.

3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.

4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.

5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.

[ July 26, 2006, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Vincent ]
vandal

Post by vandal »

TrackIR works perfectly well. It can take some tinkering but once sorted it's the best bit of kit you'll have for virtual reality gaming. Maybe if you asked in a more mature manner you'd get a better response. Personally I'd tell you to f*ck off.

[ July 29, 2006, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: vandal ]
DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Post by DonULFonso »

I am wearing glasses, too, and I've never had any issues with my TrackIR 3 Pro (but if I'd have had, I surely wouldn't have 'asked' in such an offensive tone, to be sure).

This may sound a bit dense (not more dense like your rambling, thoug, I bet), but did you check the field of view of the tracker (and adjust it properly according to your position) and calibrate it properly (by pressing the "center TIR" key)?

If your TIR only seems to pan to one side, this sounds as if your tracker isn't positioned properly; mind, you can not only turn it sideways but also tilt it down!

Sit down and use the TIR's software to check and adjust the tracker according to your current(!) position. If you leave (for the loo or whatever), you'll have to at least use the "center TIR" key to (re-)calibrate your tracker to your new(!) position!

[ August 03, 2006, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: DonULFonso ]