3 Green dots print screen on web site / form?

Dipper

3 Green dots print screen on web site / form?

Post by Dipper »

Hi,
I am a new user, and try to figure out a good placement for the TIR and vector thing.

There is a lot of suggestions here I am trying out.

I would be wonderfull to see a print screen of the 3 green dots on a system that is working.

How dows your 3 green dots look like when you are "centered" and relaxe ?

How far away is the uper dot, how big are they etc.
Dipper

Re: 3 Green dots print screen on web site / form?

Post by Dipper »

I would still want to ask if it would be possible for some one to post their screen shots of how their green dots look like on a working system.

It would be interesting to see from screen shots, what the range of movement should be, and how far apart and big the green dots are when centered.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Here you go guys one screen grab of TIR+ Vector working.

These are my main settings:-

[ February 04, 2005, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
Dipper

Post by Dipper »

Thank you for screen shot.

My dots looks much "fatter" and the dots are closer to each other.
Barred

Post by Barred »

I can make mine a lot fatter and closer by getting closer and changing the angle of the reflectors in relation to the sensor but pushing the peak higher.

If the peak is higher so that the distance between the top reflector and the lower ones when the re-centre is used, there is more of a chance of the 'upside down head syndrome' happening when the top and bottom would look as if they have swopped over.

Dipper I am not saying that it is happening. I am just trying to give some advice or a friendly warning to those who might have the angle for the Vector too high, therefore shortening the angle.
Dipper

Post by Dipper »

I dont think I got the full range potential in use for TIR. I can manage, but some times I just cant get the head turned enough to see the enemy.

The tir is about 45 inch from my top reflector and maybe 2 inches above top reflector (to TIR green led)

CENTER

LOOK UP

LOOK DOWN

LEAN LEFT

LEAN RIGHT

[ February 06, 2005, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Dipper ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

Dipper sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Hmm I see what you mean about your dot sizes.

What is your screen resolution as your TIR windows seem to take a lot of screen up, It looks like 640x480 or 800x600. Have you reduced your screen size to fit the TIR windows on your desktop with out editing?
I do not think screen size actually has any bearing on the tracking of TIR but just in case)?

What are your dot size settings in the settings panel (the one at the bottom of the tracking window)? If you have not changed anything there try changing to trackhat or dot and back again and see if that makes any difference.

If that does not help try making the dot size down as low as 50.

I think from looking at you screen shots that the dots are merging quicker than they should be for your given head movement. If the above sugestions do not make any difference I would drop Warren a email along with the screen shots as I am starting to run out of ideas.

Good Luck

[ February 06, 2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Barred ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

K Dipper I thought that might be the case but it was best to be shure

I find 36 inches the best distance between the sensor and the reflecto with 2" up.

Try useing the light filtering to about 120 and halve the size of your dots and see how that goes for you.
Dipper

Post by Dipper »

I only reduced screen resolution to get a nicer size for the screen shots. The dots looks the same on normal resolution tho.
Sulky

Post by Sulky »

Dipper,
Noticed you've what seems quite steep pitch setting.
Mine is similar to your yaw or roll shape and its quick and full enough for dogfighting. Might be a good idea to return to a preset like Combat Flight or Flight, untill you sort your probs.
Sulk'