TrackIR 2 Support?

steku

Re: TrackIR 2 Support?

Post by steku »

Maybe you can establish an upgrade program for your existing customers owning TrackIR2 (or 1) and offer them a bundle consisting of TrackIR3 + Vector Expansion for lowered price.

This price should of course contain decent margin but maybe a little lower taking in acount that:
- I already generated some margin for you when I bought TrackIR2,
- buing bundle of TrackIR3 + Vector Expansion gives you more money that buying only Vector (you save on order processing etc.).

I'm afraid that spending another 130EUR (with shipment, taxes tec.) for new TrackIR when I already bought one will end in divorce

Are you ready for such responsibility

I'm selling electronic equipment too and I know that there is nothing more valuable than a loyal customer who returns to you and tells about quality of your customer care to his friends.

I'll wait for such offer... Please, think about it!

[ December 09, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: steku ]
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Now I am confused? The 6dof software is included with the clip when you order the vector expansion?

Or is that something you will pay extra for? Meaning you initially pay for 2dof and then you pay software to get 6dof?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Steku: Your best bet is to sell the TrackIR2 on EBay or on the forums. I see people buying up old TrackIR's over the PF forum all the time. Try to sell it there. If you can prove to the buyer that it is practically new, you could probably get a good price for it.

Oqvist: Here is the scoop.

TrackIR3 users will be able to download Version 4 software for free. It will work just like the old version does with some improvements to the interface and has some neat new features to it for free. You will not have 2DOF mode as that requires the clip. It will continue to work just like the old software in regards to the 'dot track' method.

If you order the Vector Expansion, you will get the clip and the lisense to open up the Vector mode of the software. You can then use 2DOF in every TrackIR Enhanced game and 6DOF in the games that support it.

2DOF is different from dot-track because of the way it monitors what you are doing and calculates the movements. Since 2DOF runs on the 3 reflector clip, it can determine the difference between your head movements. This means that it will only move your view around where you are specifically wantiing it to. It is a HUGE improvement over the old way.

So for free you will get to be able to use the new software for the windows and the new neat windows and such.... but the 2DOF and 6DOF features will be locked.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Ah thank god thought I missed something .

Is the version 4 software included with the order? Or when will you be able to download it from here?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

As far as I know it will be available for download soon.
steku

Post by steku »

quote:Originally posted by Charlie:
Steku: Your best bet is to sell the TrackIR2 on EBay or on the forums. I see people buying up old TrackIR's over the PF forum all the time. Try to sell it there. If you can prove to the buyer that it is practically new, you could probably get a good price for it.
Unfortunattely I live in Poland. We don't have eBay here... The PayPal payment system is not available in my country too... Sending items outside the country requires customs and taxes... Even used TrackIR2 is rather expensive for average simmer in Poland so it will be not so easy to sell it. I posted my offer on very active VATSIM forum in Poland without any results

[ December 10, 2004, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: steku ]
MrGnome

Post by MrGnome »

quote:Originally posted by Charlie:
Sorry, I was not trying to be mean. It is just frustrating when people ask questions and then do not beleive the answer they get.

It makes me wonder if I am wasting my time trying to answer questions sometimes. Well, as Jim here said:

quote:The TIR1/2 would work with the same math and vector clip in addition to it not being precise enough for good tracking qualitySo i was right then all along Charlie, that's just what i meant. (Can't blame me for not beleiving You then...) Perhaps You misunderstood me. Thanx Jim for finally sorting it out. Guess the chances of You releasing vector software for trackIR 2 (with less precision) are slim

[ December 10, 2004, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: MrGnome ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

You fail to comprehend...

Thanks for proving the point I have been making all along.
Axe_78th

Post by Axe_78th »

"TrackIR3 users will be able to download Version 4 software for free. It will work just like the old version does with some improvements to the interface and has some neat new features to it for free. You will not have 2DOF mode as that requires the clip. It will continue to work just like the old software in regards to the 'dot track' method. "

Can this software be used with TIR2 to get the interface improvements?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

No.

"TrackIR3 users will be able to download Version 4 software for free."

[ December 10, 2004, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]