The Victor Backlash

trap

The Victor Backlash

Post by trap »

In the rush to get a software package out for TrackIR and the upcoming expansion to Victor, NatualPoint is in the bleachers and not on the baseball field. No manual, which means that we have to go to the VirtualFlight Productions site to find out how it works. That site must have had the Beta Beta as the screens look nothing like the ones in the Victor Expansion.
okay so the curves screen was correct!
Do it right the first time, I indicated to NaturalPoint, (0n the 888number) that I had ordered the Victor Expansion and was willing to wait 30 days or so, for them to get it right.
I tried to go back to the 3.13 software, after removing TrackIR in the remove/add, but was unable to install 3.13, because of a missing file.
So, I am back to 4.00.18 Beta. I wanted to put Center on the app key and enable on the ms key, but can't because, there is no screen for that.
I want a manual and a way to reassign keys.
Jim

Re: The Victor Backlash

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The manual will be coming shortly, next day or so, before anyone gets their Vector Expansions. You should be able to go backwards to 3.13 if needed. Call tech support for detailed instructions if you can't get this to happen, or they will also walk you through the hotkeys in the new version.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Personally,

I'm very happy that they released the v4.0's out early.

I've had a blast flying CFS3 again all weekend. AND you CAN assign different keys, but you have use a profile to do it.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Yeah it needs a manual. The old version was pretty straight forward but this one? How do you load profiles? I am sure profiles for FS 2004, IL 2 FB etc is included? But anyway it says no profile is loaded and I can�t figure out how to load one???
ericd

Post by ericd »

Here's quick tutorial on profiles until the manual is out.

Profiles are all automatically loaded when a game starts. If you look in the profiles section, it will indicate the currently active profile by putting the title in bold. The default profile is loaded when no game is present or if a profile hasn't been assigned to a game.

You can force a profile to be loaded all the time by clicking the exclusive load checkbox next to a profile. This will activate the profile whether a game or loaded or not.

Inside a profile (double click one to edit) you can change the acceleration of the motion, smoothing, hotkeys (center, pause and precision) and the name/notes. By default we ship three sample profiles, you can copy these and tweak them or create entirely new ones to suit your needs.

To assign profiles to games, click on the profile dropdown in the right column of the titles list. You'll see a list of profiles that are available. Pick the one to auto-load for a given title.

When a game is detected, the title of the game in the title list gets bolded as well. Since there are now lots of TrackIR enhanced titles, we added a filter so that you can easily find games by genre. If you want to create a list of games you play the most, right click on a title and add it to your favorites list. Once you have added all of the games to you favorites list, select Favorites from the filter dropdown and you'll only see those games.

For more information about a title, double click on its entry in the list. Here you'll see which axis they support, any version information required for TrackIR support and potentially a web link.

As Jim said, the manual is coming, it just wasn't ready in time for the first public beta. We'll get this out soon.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Good to know. Didn�t know they where automatically loaded.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Thats funny... the screenshots on my site reflect exactly what is most current on my hard drive.

Maybe I have a super-beta. They were made from beta 17.
WhiskeyBravo

Post by WhiskeyBravo »

Why are people so quick to criticise when spending a little time researching usually pays dividends.

Oh, and maybe there was no manual because it was a public BETA release of the software.

WB.
trap

Post by trap »

quote:Originally posted by WhiskeyBravo:
Why are people so quick to criticise when spending a little time researching usually pays dividends.

Oh, and maybe there was no manual because it was a public BETA release of the software.

WB.This will be my last post on this subject.
1. It maybe that we are holding NaturalPoint to a higher standard. Then again, NaturalPoint bought it upon them selfs, by really playing this new version of TrackIR as a new product.
2. This is the second public Beta, of the software, that they have produced since 3.10 ( thier last manual) It is an entirely new system, with a new interface, it deserved a new manual. I am talking about Vector, I paided an additional amount of money for it.
3. If you did not buy vector, as I did, then 4.00.18 is just fine.

[ December 13, 2004, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: trap ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

I hope you mean Vector....

1. Maybe that is because it IS a new product... hmmm.

2. It does deserve a new manual. There is a new manual in the works. When the software is no longer Beta, it will have an official manual. Until then, I have spent plenty of time and effort ensuring that whiners like you had something to look at.

Glad that was your last post.