TrackIR software version ?

bino

TrackIR software version ?

Post by bino »

I noticed a pretty quick turnover lately in the driver software from 4.0.018 to 4.0.019 to 4.0.020. What is your policy about software updates? Does NaturalPoint suggest that we *always* keep updating ASAP? Or should we read the release notes and upgrade if and when it addresses our particular issues? (Vector user, here)

You guys must be coding like demons to crank all this stuff out. Thanks very much, but please don't forget to take some vacation time over the holidays! We don't want you to burn out!

PS: Just curious: what *do* you folks code in? ASM? C? (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was a mainframe BAL guy >shudder<)
Charlie251

Re: TrackIR software version ?

Post by Charlie251 »

Hey bino.

As of right now, all the updates contain bug fixes. Once those are all worked out, the updates will be adding features and new game titles.

I would say update each and every time. I know they come out fast, but it will keep you at the fore front of the best stuff.
ericd

Re: TrackIR software version ?

Post by ericd »

Pretty much what Charlie said. Since this is a new release you are likely to see a few more quick builds as we fix all of the critical bugs. Updates should slow down a bit once everything is working pretty well.

We'll try and do a better job with documenting the changes. In general its good to be running the latest release.