Problem in FS2004

RAF_Pagan

Re: Problem in FS2004

Post by RAF_Pagan »

I've got exactly the same problem as Bully. It's pretty stable in the center dead zone, but if I translate left or right, or rotate in two vectors, it starts juddering like driving a car on cobblestones. FS9 add-ins I have are Flight Deck and a bunch of scenery. I added the trackir-fs2002 to the modules folder by mistake. Should I remove it and could this be causing the problem?
gau-8

Post by gau-8 »

this MIGHT help. i ran across the same thing during my installation i fixed it, hopefully it helps you as well.

i beleive the problem is coding on where the "virtual head" lies. i noticed that if i scoot back, or start the game with my head too far back it jumbles the picture. same thing with leaning out too far, or raising too high.

i think its the limitation of how far you can move inside the "view box" of any virtual cockpit in FS2004.

my fix, i started off with the original 2 axis (like trak-ir) and disabled all the others. then i went to a third axis, configured it within reasonable movement before the "jumble". then i would configure the 4th, 5th, and 6th axis as the same way i did the 3rd. it took a bit at first, but now i can move smoothly, NOT FREELY about the cockpit. once you cross the "no camera zone" youll get the jumble.

EDIT: i just re-read the posts, thats why it WORKS when in 2-d/traditional trak-ir mode, your not going anywhere, ONLY PIVOTING. using the 3D mode, your physically moving the camera view, and you can get into places that the camera was never meant to be at. hope it clears it up for you....btw dont be disappointed when you see how much is missing in any cockpit while looking backward

[ December 28, 2004, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: gau-8 ]
Micky

Post by Micky »

Like Bully I was about to give up on this Vector Expansion. FS2004 was all over the place - still is when I use it with the default aircraft.

However, on the point of giving up I tried it with my PMDG737NG add-on and wow! It works superbly in the virtual cockpit mode.

So it MUST be something to do with the aircraft, IMHO.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The aircraft can really have no effect, but what is important is where your head view actually starts from.

A number of aircraft designers actually don�t place the head/view point in the same position as the default aircraft.

Using the keys in FS9 move you view point to around 70% in the virtual cockpit, I find that this works best for me.

If anyone is having any problems with a profile I will be more than happy to send you mine, if you can drop me an e-mail, this does two things reminds me to send you the profile and gives me an e-mail address.