eDimensional UK...

WhiskeyBravo

Re: eDimensional UK...

Post by WhiskeyBravo »

Do they really distribute from the UK?

I ordered mine from their website using the � curreny option but on my Credit card it showed a �/$ conversion which made me think it was coming from the US.

Soon I hope, soon.

WB.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

They're financially based in the US' and so all orders are in $'s but they do have distribution from the UK for Europe.
Tomcat41

Post by Tomcat41 »

ordered the evening of december 10th, shipped the 12th and received it the 18th (yesterday)

In a bubble envelope, but it seems to be ok, no trackhat. I live in the Netherlands.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Well I ordered the 6th or 7th it was around 00:00 I think and they said it shipped right away. But it�s holidays probably not the best season to mail stuff if you want it fast.
Sulky

Post by Sulky »

edim practace vacuum application.
Ordered mine on the 13th (yep, bad omen shoulda realised). Watched the Fedex package wend its way across the US, Hawaii and Australia.
Package spent the weekend two doors up at my neighbour the postman's house. I finally got it into my hot little hands this morning.
Bubble bag, roughly 24inx18in, containing std NP vac pack TIR3Pro (flattened enough to crack the cd's jewel case, but hell we dont need the cd anyway), Track Hat (A bit of re-shaping adds character and the Vector clip will probably pull it back into working order), Vector activation paper (serial number and hash code) but No Vector Clip.
Ah well, the wait 'till after xmas for a replacement clip ( I hope! I'll keep you posted ) will give me plenty of time to check out the 3Pro's head for damage. The worst squashing was on the lower end of the vac case and doesnt seem to have effected the cable, USB connector etc.
I really dont know what to recommend to anyone outside the US. I'd say NP's shop direct but their shipping costs are just ridiculous. edim costs half as much for P&P but leaves out a cardboard box, so its down to your luck with shipping damage.
For Australia, there's two other options. One is about to work out prices and the other sells only the basic units. "Accesories" like the Hat or Vector arent in their plans.
It's hard for a a smallish company with a new product like NP. They have little influence over or choice of their suppliers, agents or the game companies. So we as prospective customers must recognise this reality in our decision to purchase. If a sim we expected to support 6DOF, chooses not to, that was and will be always on the cards. If a supplier discontinues an electronic component and NP are forced to supercede the current model, then the resale value of your unit will fall dramaticly. There is little NP can do but simpathise with TIR2 owners for instance. This holds true for their agents too. edim probably sell a large percentage of NP's overall sales and there is probably little influence available re edim's shipping policies.
These are facts of life as far as your choice of supporting NP go. As a TIR2 buying, IL-2FB flying and now #3Pro Vector edim customer, I guess I just won the jackpot.
Sulk'
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Okay, finally mine arrived today.

Looks good!

Think something needs to be done with regards packaging though... i.e. there is none at the moment, everything is just shipped loose in a padded envelope.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

quote:Originally posted by BaD CrC:
Got mine on the 18th. Yep, I wasn't impressed by the packaging. Another thing with the vector kit itself that probably didn't cost much to NP. Lol, their software staff must be really expensive and took a looong time to develop the TrackIR v4.0 software then. Guys, how about outsourcing to india next time?How about stop whining. Software is expensive and has always been. Look how much Bill Gates rob you for windows XP?

Or what games cost today

The smaller market the more money you have to make for each product sold.

Anyway got mine yesterday though it�s busy christmas time so not much time flying but the little I have done very cool.
Theophilus

Post by Theophilus »

Agreed oqvist,

Both TrackIR 3 and Vector are outstanding products. Thank you NP. The way some people go on you'd think they were unaware of the cost when purchasing. Nobody mugged you, you had a choice, complaining after the fact is simply silly. Don't like the price, don't purchase. Seems pretty simple. Must agree with the comment on packaging from E-Dimensional though. Poor to say the least, letting the product and NP down to boot.

[ December 22, 2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Theophilus ]
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Yeah thank god my mailman didn�t try to squeeze it in my mailbox. Thankfully it was arrived in mint condition anyway.
Theophilus

Post by Theophilus »

Hehehe,

My postman managed to squeeze it through the letterbox, no damage though, seems like a quality bit of metal to me;-) Thank god he did, I was at work, couldn't have waited another day till I could have picked it up at my local P.O.