My Hat is OFF! Awesome Job !!!!

bg52

My Hat is OFF! Awesome Job !!!!

Post by bg52 »

Well after hours of tweaking and reading the forums, the best advise is setting the trackIR unit 3 feet or so. After I did that I think all that is left is just getting used to it.

I think down the road what may be an awesome update would be the ability to switch profiles. Whether your using a combat sim or a commercial flight sim (fs2004) there are times when you need complete movement and other times when you might wish to restrict your movement somewhat is in an ILS approach where most of your concentration (On good weather days) would be looking forward and the need to focus on just a few instruments.

Anyway that is what I would like to see. Whether it be a profile switch or to be able to dynamically adjust sensitivity of a particular axis via your control stick or whatever.

This product is an enormous technical achievement and also a huge contribution to the simming community. It really is exciting to me to see this hobby progress in the leaps and bounds that it has in the past couple of years. My hat is off to the naturalpoint dev team and all who contributed. I know there was a huge effort and many long hours to produce this product.

Regards
Bob Ginn
Charvel

Re: My Hat is OFF! Awesome Job !!!!

Post by Charvel »

Try out my profile and let me know what you think. It is a "best of both worlds" tweak which gives slower movement sensitivity looking down at the gauges than looking up.

Just PM me your email and I'll send it to you. I've had a couple months to tweak it for 6DOF. You really shouldn't need to switch profiles in-game.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Have you tried the precision feature?

I brought up switching profiles on the fly when we were testing and I think the idea is still on teh table with the NP guys.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

What is "precision" anyway?