Correct installation of 4.xxx over 3.xxx?

Buzzer

Correct installation of 4.xxx over 3.xxx?

Post by Buzzer »

Yes I did a search...

I have TrackIR3 PRO, software 3.x-something.
I want to install the new 4.xxxx software.

What is the correct procedure?

Thought I read somewhere the new software could be installed without unplugging and replugging the TrackIR...?
Or do I have to uninstall, unplug etc?

Btw, I dont have the 6DOF stuff (yet), but I understand the new software is better for TrackIR3's anyway?
trap

Re: Correct installation of 4.xxx over 3.xxx?

Post by trap »

I found two ways
1. start the install and when you come to screen that asks you what you want to do, install it. Go to naturalpoints folder and remove Trackir 3 folder.
2. When you get to the screen select remove trackir. You then have to shut down and then do it again. Except install components.
1. takes less time.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

The new softwear should be used with Track IR3 and 3Pro products, however it will be the same in use as the version 3 softwear unless you have the Vector addon which it then tracks 3 dots instead of 1 and gives a more stable view in Track Ir enhanced games.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Since you are upgrading from the v3 software, unplug the unit, uninstall v3, install v4, and then plug in the unit.

Once you have done this, each upgrade you can leave the TrackIR plugged in. But for switching from v3 to v4, you should unplug it.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Just a little note here.

Any of you guys that have done a registry fix, it would be ideal if the version 3.x is left where it is.

During the install of version 4.0 when the option is given, uncheck the box for USB driver, this will then not effect the registry fix that you did.

If you have any problems here, please give me a shout.
Dirk98

Post by Dirk98 »

What is registry fix?