FS2004 Spanish Version and Vector Expansion

sopela123

FS2004 Spanish Version and Vector Expansion

Post by sopela123 »

Hi there,
I just purchased TIR 3 Pro together with the vector expansion.
When I install the version 4 software i only get the option to install the files for fs2002, not fs2004 and it installs the file trackir-fs2002.dll (or something similar, i am not in my house right now) in the modules directory.
When i run FS2004 it says that there is an incompatible program (that file) and asks if Ii want to load it anyway.
If I say no, TIR does not work at all and if I say yes TIR works in 2DOF mode only.
As commented in the subject I have the spanish version of FS2004.
In case it helps, it works perfectly in CFS3 (6DOF)

Any ideas ?
luloisel

Re: FS2004 Spanish Version and Vector Expansion

Post by luloisel »

It seems to have problem also with the french version of FS2004. I was able to run 2DOF with v.3 but with v.4 neither 2DOF nor 6DOF runs although the blue and the green lihgts are on. Nothing move on the virtual cockpit. As seen from "grover" it might be some language mess???

I dont have CFS3 but v.4 works with 2DOF with LOMAN.

I run under XP.
sopela123

Post by sopela123 »

Well, I have read in another post that I should have the file trackirfs2004.dll in the modules section.
I dont have that file, and I don't have the option to install it in the TIR V4 installation program.
I only have the option for FS2002. (Which I dont have installed in my PC, I only have FS2004)

I have read in yet another post that it's important to know the exact words in red that show in the simulator when you change views.
Well, in the spanish version it reads "CABINA VIRTUAL" (Without the quotes)

Hope this helps to developers.
luloisel

Post by luloisel »

I have the same situation with no option for FS2004 on v.4 installation. So no trackir4.dll in the "module"
vsallez

Post by vsallez »

I and a friend have exactly the same problem with the French version of FS2004. TIR works perfectly as the green / blue L.E.D indicate. But we have no movement with the version 4.0 of the TIR SW. I sent an email to the support and they wrote me the problem has been fixed in the new release which is due soon�. I hope they won�t release it in one month, this is a big frustration to have the VE and can�t use it! Please, Santa Claus, don�t forget my new release for Christmas

[ December 23, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: vsallez ]
luloisel

Post by luloisel »

i got the same answer by e-mail from Wayne.
hopefully it should come soon...
Mcfly91

Post by Mcfly91 »

Same problem again...
It's a localized version bug: the text displayed in upper right corner in english is "Virtual Cockpit" (if i remember), while in french for exemple (the version of FS9 i use) is "Cockpit Virtuel", the TRI3 software searches for that string...
Naturalpoint does great job, i think the new fixed version will be released soon.
Regards.
ericd

Post by ericd »

Thank you for posting the text. We should have a new release out soon that fixes this problem.

Thanks,
e

[ December 27, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Eric Davison ]
angelmanu

Post by angelmanu »

I have the same problem with my version in Spanish, I hope that they repair it soon.

A greeting, and happy new year !!!
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

Same problem here, but with Fligh Simulator 2002 in spanish version (I have not FS2004) .

TrackIR 4.0 build 21 install "TrackIR-2002.dll" in the MODULES directory, but I have not DOF6 (only DOF2). I don�t know why.

I have TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector expansion, and have no game to use with DOF6. Can you confir me if FS 2002 has DOF6 support?.