Turn off auto center

gasebah

Turn off auto center

Post by gasebah »

Hi,

I found that the new software automatically centers the view (in FS2004) when it looses track of th IR dot. That even happens when the tracking function is disabled. Having home cockpit I have to take my view from the screen quite often and therefore find that rather annoying. Is there a way to disable that "feature"?

Alex
gasebah

Re: Turn off auto center

Post by gasebah »

bump

[ December 29, 2004, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: gasebah ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

There is no way that this can be user changed, however I will pass this on to the developer.
gasebah

Post by gasebah »

OK. I would be grateful if this could be adressed in a future version. As it is now the software is almost unusable for me.

Alex

[ December 30, 2004, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: gasebah ]
Slice

Post by Slice »

Steku, I had all sorts of odd glitches and wierd virtual head postion movements until I moved the trackir unit further a say it was 18" now around 29-30" and now even the default settings work great no more wierd sudden movements.
steku

Post by steku »

In FS2004 I discovered something different. Sometimes when one of dots goes out of view during moving head to extreme in X axis or rotating head in yaw axis or pitch axis (I have roll axis disabled), the view goes crazy. Im my case view point jumps about 3ft above cockpit and stays here! I can yaw and pitch etc. (tracking works) but I'm above my plane looking at instrument panel from above (at high angle) - by the way I can see that in VC there aren't textures placed on upper wing surfave (I'm flying high-wing aircraft). To recover I have to recenter (press recenter button) or to make strong head shake.

This effect is annoying - it happens often when I look at my charts or checklists in my lapboard (kneeboard). It never happened with TIR2. TIR2 always returned to proper viewpoint after looking at my charts.

Another thing I discovered are dependencies between movements. For example:

I have my head yawed to the left. Then I start pitching down. But at the same time looking at the TIR gauges and heads I can see my in-game head starts doing down (Y axis) and in (Z axis).

Another minor issue. I have assymetric curves. But every time I return to edit curve "mirror values" is checked on. When I try to edit point - corresponding point on other side of the curve moves to the same vaule, destroying my curve. The solution - simply remeber position of "mirror values" checkbox between editing sessions.

[ January 01, 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: steku ]
steku

Post by steku »

My TIR is as far as yours. But when I look at my charts placed on my lap one or more dots go out of view (I'm looking straight down). The same happens when I lean to swiches on my "home cockipt" placed near my monitor. Sometines when I return to normal sitting position my view returns to normal, but sometimes the viewpoint jumps above my plane and satys there and I need to press recenter on my toke or to shake my head vigorously to return to the cockipt.
Slice

Post by Slice »

Ah I see what you mean now, real maps on your real knee not "in-game maps". yeah not sure how you could handle that, I guess you need to try moving it slightly lower or closer and test with the "heads" view?