Another trackIR3pro / Vector question.....

Kman

Another trackIR3pro / Vector question.....

Post by Kman »

I currently have trackIR 1 and am using the 3.12 drivers.
I recently ordered trackIR3pro and Vector as well.

So...do I ummmm?
  • uninstall trackIR1 then install trackIR3pro?
  • If so... using what drivers?
  • then install Vector software?
As you can see I'm confused as to the order of things and what I need to do or not to do.
Can anyone who went from IR1 to 3pro and Vector shed some light please?
Phalcon51

Re: Another trackIR3pro / Vector question.....

Post by Phalcon51 »

Kman,
It's pretty straightforward. Disconnect your tIR 1 and uninstall the software completely. If it asks you if you want to remove any registry entries, say yes.

Next, download the latest version 4.0.020 software and install it. Support for the Vector Expansion is already included and activated when you register your Vector with NP and they send you the license files.

The way it works is this: when you get your Vector clip there will be a small card about 3"x4" with your Vector serial number and Vector Hash Code. Go here and enter your serial number, Vector Hash Code, TrackIR serial number and your email address. In turn, NP will send you an email with two attached files; license.dat and license.sig.

Using Windows Explorer or My Computer move these files into the \License folder usually located in C:\Plrgram Files\Naturalpoint\TrackIR4\License. The next time you start the TrackIR software the Vector logo will be blue, showing that the Vector Expansion is enabled.

Read the Manual (found under the Help button on the Menu bar), set it up and go fly!

You might find that it works best if you use a hat other than the TrackHat (the built-in reflector seems to sometimes cause a problem in the pitch axis when looking up to the extreme) and to try to set the camera between 24" to 36" away from you.

Because of the width of the two lower reflectors you can sometimes move laterally enough to lose one of them off the side of the tracking screen if it's too close to you. The farther away you are, the smaller the triad of reflectors appears and the more room they have to move without going off-screen.

Hope this answers your questions.

[ December 25, 2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Phalcon51 ]