WW2-online vector problem

doch

WW2-online vector problem

Post by doch »

I have this weird problem that I cant figure out.

Im using vector in ww2-online, and are having problems when turning left and looking down. Looking left is usually slower than right, even tho its the exact same curve. When looking down I often get the view locked in down position, but can pan left right. The head often spins crazy and end upside down.

I have tried everything I can think off, nothing matters. I have changed the position of the tracking device to all possible positions (right now 2 feet behind monitor in perfect angle and height), I have uninstalled and installed again, I have cheked for light sources- nothing etc. etc.

Its weird because suddenly it disapears then to come back for no reason.

Dot mode and the old track 3.12 mode works as usual with no problems, its only in vector mode.

Also, sometimes when testing, when I lok down, the head does not moce down in the program, but rather forward or roll to the side a bit.

Also, movement on Y-axis is slower than X-axis even tho both are dset to agressive.

Would appreciate any help, since im pretty much out of ideas.

Btw, when it works flawlessly, as it does in periods, it rocks.

I havent tried it in other games, but with the problems in the vector software, i.e. head not looking down in software, when looking down, I think its in the software or the device.
Pruitt

Re: WW2-online vector problem

Post by Pruitt »

When that has happened to me, it's usually because ofhow centered my head is to teh TrackIR unit. When you get out of range, it stops like that. Depending on how your body is centered to teh unit, it usually happens to one side and not the other.

To test, open the TrackIR app and go to the spage that shows you how it's tracking. Replicate the movements your making. When you go and to teh left, are the Green Bars hitting teh edge of the screen, if they are, than that's teh problem.

In any case, good luck!
Pruitt

Re: WW2-online vector problem

Post by Pruitt »

Was just thinking of another cause of this, being too close to the TrackIR unit. I believe optimum is around 3 feet away. If your too close, you move out of the range of the TrackIR "eye" much more quickly than if you're a bit further away. Just another thought on what might be causing it.