Wayne's FS 2004 Profile is Terrific!

macwino

Wayne's FS 2004 Profile is Terrific!

Post by macwino »

Just a head's up for anyone using Track IR with the vector expansion with FS 2004. I played around with it for a week trying a zillion different settings and was about to send it back as it just didn't work for me. Too much movement, etc. I then saw that Wayne had prepared a profile for this program and had him email it to me. Since loading his profile I've been unable to sleep. Stayed up all night enjoying the Track IR experience. I highly recommend anyone who is having problems adjusting this device for FS 2004 try out Wayne's profile. He told me he would be posting it on Natural Point's website soon. Of course, your mileage may differ, but it made a world of difference for me.

Robert
macwino

Re: Wayne's FS 2004 Profile is Terrific!

Post by macwino »

A few other things I should have mentioned about setup for what they are worth:

I use an Apple 23 inch cinema display and had the Track IR mounted on the top center. I found that the unit worked much better if I moved it further away from me. Since I didn't want to increase my distance from the monitor, I constructed a stand about 8 inches behind my monitor and mounted the Track IR on the stand. I fiddled with the height of the stand and its distance behind the monitor until I had good up and down and sideways tracking. The Track IR is now abut 3 feet from my head and some 4 inches above the top of my monitor, which lines it up with my hat much better.

Finally, as Wayne has suggested, I also fiddle with the zoom of the VC for each plane to fine tune the views. I usually start at 75% and then reduce it from there until I'm satisfied.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Good setup info! Yes, the more distance you have between yourself and the TIR unit the more room you have to move around with Vector.
golfcart22

Post by golfcart22 »

Robert,

Is there anyway you can email me the profile youre using for 2004. My email is nighthawk@optonline.net

Thanks alot
Tony
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

I would like this as well please - strelow@jg1.org - thanks!
310thFalcon

Post by 310thFalcon »

Same here please

michaejlt@yahoo.com

Thank you

Best Regards
johnb60

Post by johnb60 »

Hi where can we download this profle please.
If you just need to e-mail it my address is j.b.minchin@blueyonder.co.uk
Thanks in anticipation.
macwino

Post by macwino »

As I noted in my original post, you can get the FS 2004 Profile from Wayne at Natural Point. He told me a week ago he would post it at NP's website, but where on the site I don't know. In the meantime, his contact info is as follows:

Wayne
NaturalPoint
Technical Support
541-753-6645 ext.10
support@naturalpoint.com

I'll be traveling for a few weeks starting today and won't be able to respond to these requests for awhile, so please contact Wayne directly.

I hope this Profile has been working out for those who have requested it. It would be nice to see some feedback as to whether it's made a difference or not.

Just remember, it's not just the Profile that counts. The height and distance of the unit are key elements in making it work as intended. Also, the lateral positioning can be key as well. Even a half inch left or right and make a difference.

Finally, even though I have Vector, I use the Dot option in the settings. After my original post, Wayne advised me that this might give me even better tracking, and indeed it did.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Post it somewhere Wayne.

Show us your magic.