Standing on my head

Skids

Re: Standing on my head

Post by Skids »

I have some major concerns with this issue.

I have just ordered the Vector Expansion and should receive it tomorrow so I thought I would get up to date with any issues/suggestions before it arrived.

I have to have the TrackIR upside down because of my set up and now it appears this will not work!

I also bought a trackhat when I got the TrackIR and now I am reading that the curve of the brim can also cause problems!

Surely this should have been thought about as it is meant to be the official mercandise for the TrackIR. I certainly wouldn't have paid �10 for a baseball cap if it is not going to work with what it was intended for.

Please don't get me wrong as I am very happy with the TrackIR as it is at the moment but surely this should be dealt with as a matter of urgency?

I did think that �24 (Plus post etc) was a fair bit of money for a bit of plastic but thought that after the reviews I had read it was worth getting but now this oversite has caused me big concerns.

Skids
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

I have found that this happens when looking down if you don't have your dots to trackir aspect quite right.

For me, what I did was change the angle of how my reflectors were pointed at the trackIR slightly, and this helped a lot.

But the issue does remain that when you make the unit loose the dots a certain way, it does this funky pov move.
bino

Post by bino »

Just FYI...

There is a similar problem with VE and the version 4.0.020 driver in Aces High II. From time to time (seems to be related to trying to look straight up) the view gets stuck in "stare at the cockpit floor" mode. Not a huge deal for me as I have a button on my CH throttle/stick combo programmed for the "re-center" function, but irritating nonetheless.
Skids

Post by Skids »

quote:Originally posted by Skids:
I have some major concerns with this issue.

I have just ordered the Vector Expansion and should receive it tomorrow so I thought I would get up to date with any issues/suggestions before it arrived.

I have to have the TrackIR upside down because of my set up and now it appears this will not work!

I also bought a trackhat when I got the TrackIR and now I am reading that the curve of the brim can also cause problems!

Surely this should have been thought about as it is meant to be the official mercandise for the TrackIR. I certainly wouldn't have paid �10 for a baseball cap if it is not going to work with what it was intended for.

Please don't get me wrong as I am very happy with the TrackIR as it is at the moment but surely this should be dealt with as a matter of urgency?

I did think that �24 (Plus post etc) was a fair bit of money for a bit of plastic but thought that after the reviews I had read it was worth getting but now this oversite has caused me big concerns.

SkidsSorry to be a pain but does anyone have any more information on this problem please?

I have received my vector expansion now but have not received the serial number which is just winding me up more
Barred

Post by Barred »

Skids, where did you get your VE from?
Who ever it is give them a ring or email for the regestration code, if they say "what code" then I would sugest dropping Wayne a PM if after explaining what the code is for. It happened to me as well but fortunatly I got my code fairly quickly after I had informed where I bought mine from.

GL

[ January 15, 2005, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

See my post... Flip upside down-High sensitivity RESOLVED.

I think there may be some answers for you there.

Doc