programs is confused on trackhat/ non trakhat

gau-8

Re: programs is confused on trackhat/ non trakhat

Post by gau-8 »

ok lets start from a clean state . if i am ONLY in 3dot tracking. no trackhat visible, here are my symptoms, and what settings i have with pictures of settings below.

.TOTAL of about 1/2 inch of movement creates full lock to lock movement

.my PITCH (UP DOWN) axis is always REVERSED, even if i reverse it, it does nothing (up is down, down is up.. yes even with reversing axis!)

.up/down happens WITH a diagonal left right movement

.will look UP on its own, and stays there.

. the red box in my settings photo is the "virtual area" ROUGHLY not exact!= , if i exceed that area, side to side, or looking results in lost tracking as well..

here are my settings for regular 3DOT tracking in VECTOR
.unit is aproximately 3 feet away and 3 or 4 inches above head

.in "dot tracking" switching to TRACKHAT, produces the same results

[ January 05, 2005, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: gau-8 ]
steku

Post by steku »

I don't know if this matters but I don't have "Light Filtering" enabled.

Something very strange plagues your system. Maybe your TIR hardware is faulty? Do you have all four red LEDs illuminating?
gau-8

Post by gau-8 »

doesnt feel that extreme to me. maybe 4 inches of travel going from left to right (2 inches from either side of "center".

as for smoothing, i find vector WAY to sticky, even at 5. smoothing makes me feel like i have a digital, rubber band "leash" around my neck. if that makes sence

also i have realised that left/right movement is good, but looking up/down still gets translated as left/right somewhat. it goes diagonally. (when head is turned).

ive seen in a lot of occasions, i see 2 speeds for left/right looking. I.E. i look left, i get a decent pan looking left. i look right, and it SNAPS right. (profile is the same on both sides)

i tested again on 3 dot version, and no more than half inch of movement (TOTAL, not per side from center) it was full "lock to lock" i couldnt slow it down..
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

gau-8,

When in the tracking screen if you go to settings do you have Camera Rotaion set to zero?

I made an attempt to reach the same angle as yourself on my system and I could hardly see the screen. Are you sure you are at least an arms length away.

What game is the in-game problem occuring in?
Have you un-installed and re-installed your software to ensure that nothing is corrupt in any of the profiles?

When I know what game this is with let me have a look at a different profile for you.
gau-8

Post by gau-8 »

hi wayne,

some of the questions you asked are up above in the last screenshot. (same time posting?)

unit is (hmm..takes measurement) holy smokes, its less than 3 ft,.. yet out further than outstretched arm (approx 2 and half feet is distance) ill take it out a bit further, and retry testing.

problem game, ive been concentrating on PF profile for now.

ok, i dont know what i did, maybe actually shutting down system and restarting? i keep it on maaaaaany hours at a time. anyways the REVERSE action on pitch axis is fixed.. and all i did was start it up and test real quick.

were gettin there

[ January 06, 2005, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: gau-8 ]
gau-8

Post by gau-8 »

ok good news

apparently i have STUMPY ARMS... coulda SWORE that the unit was over three feet distance, not at just under 2 -1/2. anyways, i moved it back to over 3-1/2 ft. MUCH BETTER.

MUCUUCH better. (not that i ddnt know distance wasnt important, i just didnt think i was under 3 feet though!) there is still the diagonal action when looking up/down, when turned left or right, but i can deal with that for now, and concentrate on it later.