TrackIR2 is coming!

ITGL72

TrackIR2 is coming!

Post by ITGL72 »

Whelp looks like the TrackIR2 is coming, just got the email. I'll be interested in hearing from people that use it what kind of real world experience and improvement it shows.

Anyone else planning on upgrading?
mire

Re: TrackIR2 is coming!

Post by mire »

As soon as I found out I placed an order, without thinking about it even a second.

For me this is about supporting a company that makes good products for the simming community. I already have the current TrackIR. If we buy and make their business worthwhile, we will see new and better products.

And hey! This will be an excellent toy to boot. I was impressed with TIR, TIR2 will be better. Throw away your money people! Show them we appreciate their efforts!

Yea, I'm a cheerleader...
John Banks

Post by John Banks »

Does the TrackIR2 has he same native support as the first one? The TrackIR1 has native support for StrikeFighters, although the game needs the second patch to get the native support to work (the new dll is in the patch i guess). I now hope that the native support for SF didn't go downhill.
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

I have a few questions:

What will the differences be in real terms between the TrackIR1 and TrackIR2? Smoother? Better reception? More precise?
How much more?

Will the new TrackIR2 software work with the original TrackIR and will it make it work any better?
What are the hardware differences?

And finally, can you buy me one as well Mire, it would go a long way in helping the community and saving my marriage...

S!ap
smilinicon

Post by smilinicon »

cheerleading?

So- TIR users can now look forward to no more development.

and you're happy?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

A little clarification;

We will be releasing a new version of TrackIR software, v3.0 when the new unit ships next week. Everyone will be able to take advantage of the updated features in this software; we are supporting the original TrackIR! Obviously, the TrackIR2 has new features not found in the TrackIR that v3.0 software will take advantage of, but no one is being left behind.

TrackIR2 is a major upgrade, but that doesn�t mean that the TrackIR doesn�t work anymore! We would love you all to upgrade, but we love all TrackIR users the same!

- The TrackIR2 is faster, 66% higher refresh rate, lower latency and 4X the data throughput. This is a whole new hardware design.
- The case and stand have been upgraded and look much more polished, literally.
- There are cool new status LEDs for TrackIR2, a blue case LED for TrackIR Enhanced mode and a 3 color LED for unit status
- The software is highly refined, full USB hotplug capability, with sleep mode, new tracking routines, and other goodies.
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

Jim,

sounds cool enough. Now go back to work and get SmartNav2 out the door

Is there any timeframe you can share with us smartnav users for the next version?

Thanks in advance.
ITGL72

Post by ITGL72 »

Well I just ordered a Trackir2 and sold my Trackir1 on eBay all within 24 hours. Love it! Cant wait to try this thing out with the hat! I made my own hat before but not as good as the NP hat I believe.
John Banks

Post by John Banks »

Jim, i would still ike to know if the TrackIR2 has the same native support as the TrackIR1? You said there are new tracking routines, i guess all the games which currently have the native support still work without any patches from the developers right?

Maybe you can shed some light onto my question regarding StrikeFighters. AFAIK, TK wanted to release the TrackIR dll for SF long ago. Is TK still in contact with you guys to get that native support to work or is he already finished and waits for the second patch to be ready?