blue light and stuck view

dleedvm

blue light and stuck view

Post by dleedvm »

First, I have to say the vector expansion far exceeds my wildest expectations - and I was a pretty big fan of the original TrackIR! That said, I have just two small gripes.
- The blue light is annoying as it shines on my monitor when I'm flying my home cockpit in the dark. Is it really functional or is it just supposed to look cool? Is there a way to turn it off?

- Second, as others have mentioned too, when I look down at a chart and look back up my view sometimes get stuck looking straight down. This is not a huge deal in FS9 because I have the recenter function programmed in a button on my yoke. It happens a lot in Pacific Fighters, though, and there it is annoying because recenter doesn't seem to work. I have to try to get the view "unhooked" somehow. Any suggestions?
Thanks for a great improvement in a great product!
David Lee
Tailhook

Re: blue light and stuck view

Post by Tailhook »

The blue light can be turned off in the software tracking window (click on the settings button).

as for the head getting stuck, try straighting out the bill of your cap. Mine had too much curve and was causing the problems.

Hope that helps!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

dleedvm,

Ensure that you are not going out of the field of view of the camera.

I find that it works best for me when I am a little over an arms length away from the unit, and just slightly above head level.
steku

Post by steku »

When you look at charts on your lap it's impossible to maintain all three dots in TIR field of view, regardless where TIR is located...

When I look back at screen - I'm above my cockpit looking straight down...

[ January 03, 2005, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: steku ]
dleedvm

Post by dleedvm »

Thanks guys! I have found that if I make sure TrackIR is centered physically most of the problems go away. This is less true for Pacific Fighters though.
David
Ghost33

Post by Ghost33 »

Bring the tracking reflectors out of the FOV of the TrackIR and when you come back to your screen it should be centered if you can't use the center hotkey.