Plugging / unplugging

musbou

Plugging / unplugging

Post by musbou »

When I went to put in the new Public Beta, I have to yet again unplug the tracker from my computer. Would it work if I kept it plugged into one of the USB connections on my monitor instead? I am tired of having to get on the floor to unplug and plug. Thanks
Barred

Re: Plugging / unplugging

Post by Barred »

Only if the one on your monitor is USB2 rated as TIR3 is USB2.
The best thing to do is unplug the TIR.
Uninstall the old driver
Reboot
Install new driver
Plug in and follow the prompts.

If you do not unplug the TIR when re-installing drivers it can cause some weired problems.
musbou

Post by musbou »

I think I need to clarify. I want to make it easier for myself by using one of the USB2 slots on my Dell monitor instead of the USB2 on the tower itself. I know I have to keep unplugging when updating. I just want to make sure that using the monitor instead of the tower to connect won't wierd out the Tracker/Vector. I have read about not to really use powered USB hubs, and was just curious. Thanks for your help. If I go to FS9 just to look for a minute and do not turn on the Tracker, I find myself moving my head like it was on. I find it to be an indispensible part of flying now.
Barred

Post by Barred »

The USB in the monitor use to work for me.
musbou

Post by musbou »

Quick question Barred,
You said,

"I use to have mine plugged into my monitor's USB2 ports and the port from the monitor was the only thing plugged into the PC's USB port. "

I am confused. Did you plug a USB port on your monitor to an USB port on your computer? Don't you just plug in the Tracker to the USB2 port on the monitor?
Barred

Post by Barred »

TIR-Monitor-PC (only that connection on that USB Port on the PC)
musbou

Post by musbou »

Ok, thanks. That clears that up!
Coffee999

Post by Coffee999 »

jens,
Just get a usb extention cord. That way where it connects can be near you to just unplug :-)
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

USB1 as far as I was aware.
Barred

Post by Barred »

I use to have mine plugged into my monitor's USB2 ports and the port from the monitor was the only thing plugged into the PC's USB port. It worked no problem for me.

If you are finding some difficulties some people have bought an extension for their USB with no problems.