Treshold option in TIR 3 to help Vector

Wasmic.pl

Treshold option in TIR 3 to help Vector

Post by Wasmic.pl »

Hello Naturalpoint,

New Vector user but TIR1 and TIR2 veteran.

Why don't You implement "Change Camera Treshold" feature in the software? No success for me to find that in the vectore software so far.

This would resolve the issue with the specific distance needed between camera and vector to function properly.

I am one of those that prefers as close as possible... - I have the TFT installed on the moving arm. But when too close - side dots keep going out of the screen.

In TIR 2 I used to adjust the FOV of the device to my needs by changing treshold value. Closer to the screen - bigger treshold value - wider FOV. All the vector dots would be in range even with big head movements

Awaiting Your comments

Wasmic.pl
Wasmic.pl

Re: Treshold option in TIR 3 to help Vector

Post by Wasmic.pl »

Hello,

I am pretty sure that the camera FOV set in the current software is not the maximum one.

Maybe for some good reason though...

Anybody?

Regards
Wasmic
Wasmic.pl

Post by Wasmic.pl »

Nevermind,

I found some part of the answer here:

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 5;t=000160

Content of the above thread indicates that the device is running on the max FOV now and the only solution to my problem is to decrease the distance between the two external reflectors.

Wasmic
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Actually, a good solution to this would be to design the software so that two cameras could be used.

Set one camera on one side of the monitor, and the other camera on the other side of the monitor and viola FOV problem solved.

Bad thing is, you'd have to shell out another 100 smackers
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by Wasmic.pl:
Why don't You implement "Change Camera Treshold" feature in the software? No success for me to find that in the vectore software so far.
In TIR 2 I used to adjust the FOV of the device to my needs by changing treshold value. Closer to the screen - bigger treshold value - wider FOV. All the vector dots would be in range even with big head movements
The Change Threshold feature does not adjust the FOV of the camera, though under some circumstances it could indirectly affect it. We did implement this feature in the new TrackIR version 4 software, but it got renamed. (sorry if that threw anyone for a loop!)

If you open the Tracking window and click on the "Settings" button, it will open a window where you can adjust the Threshold using a slider labeled "Light Filtering".

[ January 20, 2005, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]