mouse emulation using TrackIR 3 pro

mopheta

mouse emulation using TrackIR 3 pro

Post by mopheta »

Hello. My illusion to see my trackIR 3 pro emulating the mouse in games has been defeat. I have read some post in the SmartNAV forum about explaining the differences between TrackIR 3 and SmartNAV, and some Administrator says that one big difference is that mouse can�t be controlled with TrackIR, and only with SmartNAV. The SmartNAV detect if you have trackIR or smartNAV hardware, and don�t work if you have the 1st.

It is obvious that both can emulate the mouse, but NaturalPoints make the difference in software to buy separately both products. So I don�t expect to see mouse emulation in future SmartIR drivers, like some promise in any post in this forum by any administrator.

I think we have a good piece of hardware, but not fully supported by the drivers.

Using TrackIR + Tir2joy + joytokey (emulating mouse movements using tir2joy) is not a solution, because this emulation is nothing compared with the mouse movement.

And using the 3.x Trackir Driver cause a bad mouse emulation because is not enhanced. I have not seen SmartNAV moving the mouse, but I think the movement must be much better, if the idea is to be a replacement of the mouse for some people who need it.
mopheta

Re: mouse emulation using TrackIR 3 pro

Post by mopheta »

Well, I think that an alternative to preserve the difference with SmartNAV would can be to program the TrackIR software to enable mouse only when any 3D aplication is working (only enhancing mouse emulation if a game is detected working).

It would give us the possiblity to use our TrackIR enhanced in games supporting mouse, and would give sense to buy the SmartNAV to all other people who need to use the mouse emulation 100% to work with windows.

I think TrackIR software can give us more than gives now. Is a great idea to play FPS�s like doom 3 using two mouses... the normal mouse and the trackir, doing some quick movements more natural than a simple mouse (with some practice).

I think it�s better a limitation than nothing.