IL2 Compatability

Dashboardsaint1

IL2 Compatability

Post by Dashboardsaint1 »

I'm just waiting for my TrackIr3-Pro to come this Thursday (tomorrow), and I'm trying to get as much info as I can. I was told that my absolute favorite sims, the Il2 series, including Pacific Fighters, didn't support the new Vector enhancement. I was also advised not to purchase it. After reading some of these posts, it seems like guys are using it on those games. Have I been deceived??? Are you able to use it? Does it enhance the Pacific Fighter / IL2 experience? Am I going to be sorely disappointed without it??? Could somebody help me out with the straight dope?!?
gaming247

Re: IL2 Compatability

Post by gaming247 »

U can use Vector Expansion with Il2 but 6dof isn�t supported. That means u can only use Vector Expansion like the normal trackIR to turn your head left or right. No head movement.

Vector Expansion in Il2 is still better, because it "knows" when you move your head and filters those movements out. So you don�t have any unwanted viewchanges and you don�t have to sit as still as u would have to with normal trackIR.
That�s the only advantage.
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

6DOF only work with FS 2002-04.

If you use vector with IL-2 series you will have:
- PRO: x head movement will be filtered and software knows that you are not turning your head. It is something more easy to mantain the center position in combat situations.

- CONS: you must put the heat with the vector. This is more confortable to flight without any heat track.

- Conclusion: vector will be a great piece for future fligh simulators, but today only is supported by Microsoft Flight Sim. I you can see what vector can do, install FS2004...,this is nothing compared with the movement in IL-2. Buy it if you think about to flight FS2004, or if you want be ready for future sims, or if you want a little more precission in IL-2, or if you want to see the experience.
Dashboardsaint1

Thanks guys, It seems like I should go ahead and get the upgrade. I don't even have the unit, but the whole thing about keeping absolutely still has me worried...I have a hard time keeping still
Barred

Post by Barred »

Mack even if you are not using the Vector it is possible to use a 'dead zone' so that if you are taking a shot you can still have some head movement with out changing your ingame view.
Dashboardsaint1

Barred-
Thanks, I just got my TrackIr last night and had some fun. It IS a bit hard keeping still while making a shot. Could you tell me how to use a dead-zone? I'll be playing around with it tonight, and I'll see if I can figure it out.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Mac open up your profile and go into Edit.

On the right you should see smooth or agressive under acceleration, change what ever it is to 'Dead Zone'. I would sugest setting smoothing to about 30.

If you are still finding the deadzone too small highlight Yaw and then 'Edit' and you should see some dots on a curve. Keep mirror value ticked and move the dots down from the centre out keeping the same sort of curve but a bit lower. Then copy the new curve to all axis.

If you are now finding that you are not moving enough after thant hen take the outer edit point and move it up a bit (not too much) and rebuild your curve. This will take a few goes untill you get the movement to your likeing. Do not make many large changes otherwise you could loose track whit what you have done.

It is not hard to do actually it is harder to describe. If not drop me a line and Iwill send you mine.

GL
Dashboardsaint1

Man, you are quick! I just opened it all up and followed your instructions. I'm gonna give it a try in a while! Thanks again!!!
Slice

Post by Slice »

Someone said 6DOF only works with FS2002-2004 well it also works with CFS3 just for the record.
Pudu

Post by Pudu »

I tried using vector with IL-2 FB but found that I had to keep hitting re-centre. And if I look too far down it gets stuck.

By contrast using just the dot/hat it works beautifully and I almost never have to re-centre.

[ January 31, 2005, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Pudu ]