USING VECTOR & TRACKIR 3 PRO WITH SAITEK X-52

JeanGuy

USING VECTOR & TRACKIR 3 PRO WITH SAITEK X-52

Post by JeanGuy »

Hello to Y'ALL,

Has anyone of you been able to get the vector expanded TrackIR 3 Pro v4.0.021 to work with the Saitek X-52 flight controller (F/C) V1.0 using the pertinent game profiles offerred for CFS 3 & IL-2/FB/AEP/PF by Natural Point & Saitek?
I can get these two to work fine individually. When plugged together the Vector/TrackIR 3 Pro appears to work fine in all six axis but CFS 3 no longer responds to any inputs from stick and only responds to minimal inputs from throttle. Major draw back is no response to roll. pitch, or yaw inputs.
Situation with IL-2/FB/AEP/PF is similar but of course only two axis are offerred by TrackIR 3 Pro with that software.

If I replace the Saitek X-52 F/C with my older Logitech Fredom 2.4 cordless joystick everything then works as advertized with both CFS 3 and IL2/FB/AEP/PF.

The present Saitek X-52 V1.0 software does not appear to be compatible with v4.0.021 of Vector/TrackIR 3 Pro on my system. I use Windows XP SP2, AMD 64 3500+ CPU, ATI AIW 9800, & 1 GIG Crucial Ballistic 3200 memory.

Is anyone of you able to give me more info refarding the functionality of the Saitek X-52 V1.0 F/C with True Vector-TrackIR 3 Pro V4.0.021

Thanks
Barred

Re: USING VECTOR & TRACKIR 3 PRO WITH SAITEK X-52

Post by Barred »

Jean-Guy, first welcome to the world of TIR.

From what you have described I take it that you are running the TIR on the same USB port via a hub, it does not matter i it is a powered hub or not.

What you need to do id have the TIR on a different port on your PC especially if you are running HOTAS. I had exactly the same problem when I was runing my Cougar and a quick change to a different port and the problem disapeared.

The reason that it looks lige a conflict is due the amount of data being sent from the X-52 (or any HOTAS) and from the TIR is more than the USB on the PC can handle. A change of PC USB so that they are on different ports clears the overload.

If you are still setting up the Vector I would sugest having a 30-36" distance between the TIR and the Vector withthe Sensor about 2" above the top reflector and at right angles to it.

If after swapping USB for one of the devices (TIR or HOTAS), please post again and either I or one of the guys from NP can look into the problem again.

GL
JeanGuy

Post by JeanGuy »

Thanks GL,

You solved the problem. I am using a Thermaltke 6000A case that has 6 USB connections. Two USB connections on top & four more at the back. I had both the X-52 F/C and the TIR 3 plugged into the two top ones. As per your recommendation, GL, I moved the X-52 to one of the four rear USB connections and left TIR 3 connected to its initial top USB location. I restarted CFS 3 on a two plane P-51D air-to-mud mission and was able to kick some butts. All programmed aspects of the X-52 and TIR 3 worked as advertized. Head scanning is smooth and offers ability in P-51D to turn head 180 left and check the right side of the vertical stabiliser. Vector/TIR 3 smooth scan also offering great versatility in figuring out PUP attack offsets for A/G deliveriies. Landing , T/O, & taxi also much easier due to increase visibilty. I will give IL-2/FB/AEP/PF a try later to see if it is working. I anticipate no problems since it utilizes a narrower bandwidth due to only 2 axis being avail to track IR.

Thanks again for your help GL

Jean-Guy
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Glad that is sorted for you

Barred (GL= Good Luck )