Sluggish movement after......

Mayer

Sluggish movement after......

Post by Mayer »

After reading many posts, I have my vector set up now and it works great ...except for one thing.....After having it on for about 5 min or so, the head movement moves from responsive to sluggish. When I stop moving my head, it keeps drifting slightly in the cockpit.
I think I read a post where Recon??? was having the same thing happen to him.It happens in AEP/PF and using the stock profile for AEP/ PF. I'm also using the latest driver. If I come out of the game and display the heads, the are sluggish. If I shut down the Track software and start it up again, it's ok again . Anyone else expierience this?
Wayne

Re: Sluggish movement after......

Post by Wayne »

Ron,

I have sent you a profile to try.
Place your unit at least an arms length away.

When the heads are sluggish, is this for the game head or both?

Are the green dots in the tracking window moving at the correct speed?

Do you have your unit connected through a hub, if so what happens if you connect directly to the motherboard. Does this happen on all your USB ports?
Mayer

Post by Mayer »

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the delayed response.Ok....what I have done is uninstalled the software and downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled. I also changed the USB port to another one( I wasn't using it through the hub). I have the unit at least an arms length away, probably a bit more.Prior to this, the heads became sluggish in the game after some game play before. The tracking screen was moving at the proper speed but the heads weren't. I haven't had the problem since I reinstalled the software and changed USB ports. The only thing that I can't seem to get rid of now is the sudden flipping upside down of the head. I've read detailed posts on this but am reluctant to start bending or reshaping the vector in anyway altering it's original design intent. When I switched the vector to a regular ball cap from the Track cap, it seemed to help the flipping problem (I think because it was a flat peak). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Are they working on controlling this in the next Track software release?
Barred

Post by Barred »

Ron here are a couple of things you can try.
Put the Vector onto another baseball cap.
Try and keep the bottom reflectors in the centre and level in the scanning window.
Move the sensor back a bit more.

I know that it is trial and error finding the right ballence, but it is worth it. Have a look at teh screens from my TIR windows at http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 2;t=000114
If you can get them so that they look like that then you should have little to no standing on your head problems.
Mayer

Post by Mayer »

Thanks for your help Barred , I will be trying these things out and post the results
Barred

Post by Barred »

Mayer I forgot to say, if you are using a trackhat then try your vector on another cap.