Is it indeed better to have a straight cap ?

rijnton

Re: Is it indeed better to have a straight cap ?

Post by rijnton »

Thanks Barred.
I didn't have real problems with the Track Hat until now,maybe (also) because I bended the bill a little. In dry state it too stays flatter than in the original state.
Barred

Post by Barred »

My pleasure, I would not like to see you waste a good cap if it did have a cardboard bill.
rijnton

Is it indeed better to have a straight cap ?

Post by rijnton »

I think I read on a few places that the vector clip should better be on a cap with a straight bill.
Is this true and if so why ?
By the way, I noticed that you can bend the bill of the Track Hat a little to make it less curved. Although I didn't try it yet, I also think I read somewhere that making the bill of a cap wet and then bend it a little should help making the new shape more permanent.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Rijnton, there were a good few posts of people's view flipping in game when they moved their head down, some were also reporting sluggish movement in one direction or another.

Using the Vector on a flatter peak of a cap has seemed to help eliviate these problems, along with covering the reflector built into the TrackHat. Hence the sugestion to use a flatter peaked cap if you were having these problems.

As for making the bill flatter by getting it wet, a lot of bills are made of cardboard and if you get them too wet they fall apart. I do not know for sure what the TrackHat's bill is made of, but better safe than sorry
Slice

Post by Slice »

My clip is stuck on the top of my headphones now (I hate wearing the cap) works really well
Barred

Post by Barred »

Great idea Slice