OK in FS2004-Problem in CFS3?

Cas141

OK in FS2004-Problem in CFS3?

Post by Cas141 »

I have recently taken up Vector expansion , and in MS 2004 all is OK, though the precision is not like in TrackIR 1 .
I know the latter is 2DOF, but what I mean is that the stop/start of movement is not precise, like there is some bad "damping"
However, the 6DOF views make up for that and in FS2004 I am very pleased.
But there seems some issues in CFS3. I find the right side looking up and back is OK but the left side is awful.
I get it OK on the "heads" monitor, for one or two look rounds, then it will start to get "stuck" as I turn my head and then catch up too fast.
When this is done in the sim it spoils the ability to watch the enemy and it forces me back to padlock!
It certainly seems from other post that there are issues with the left side.
"Charlie" mentions a patch in one of his posts.

I use a Cougar HOTAS, and on their website various profiles have been posted by users for others to download.
Could not the same be done by Naturalpoint, so that those using successful profiles with CFS3 ( and other titles ) could make them available for those of us who are struggling?

There are so many variables in the making of a profile ( which I don't fully understand ) that we could ( do ) spend hours tweaking this and that and never getting the best combo.

TIA

[ February 23, 2005, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Cas141 ]
Kman

Re: OK in FS2004-Problem in CFS3?

Post by Kman »

What a great idea......maybe the NP guys would give us an 'Upload Your Profile' button and allows users with successful profiles to share them with others.

I imagine that since the *.xml's are very small in size that bandwith wouldn't be very consuming.

Any chance of this NP guys?