Vector movement is too fast....

Kman

Vector movement is too fast....

Post by Kman »

I hope I explain this right~

I have the IR3 Pro and play IL2/FB/AEP/PF and a lil' CFS3 waiting for the WWI mod to come out.

Ok...here's the thing.....if I use a dot profile I made and use my trackhat in IL2/FB/AEP/PF the smoothness and speed are absolutely fantastic. Back when I had IR1 it was a little fast but now with the Pro and the 4.0 drivers it is perfect.

Problem...when I use the vector 6D hardware on another cap and a vector profile I made for CFS3 it is way too fast in the yaw. Interestingly enough I have it setup at the 3 feet and just above my vectors line of site (correct angle up so it does not lose sight of the tracker).

The profile is doing all the 6D things it should without fail. Up and down, side to side, in and out are all great~

However....it moves too fast in the yaw.....too fast in that it's like I will pull a virtual muscle in my neck it moves so fast unless I really try SUPER SUPER hard to move extremely slow which is unnatural.

I have tried shifting the entire curve down but this does not seem to make much if any difference. Can anyone tell me do any of the newer drivers above 4.0 allow better speed control of yaw?

Or anything else I can try? I really want to be able to use the vector more but the way it is now it is very uncomfortable.
Kman

Re: Vector movement is too fast....

Post by Kman »

Natural Point guys?
Barred

Post by Barred »

Kman, for your yaw, speed have you tried moving the whole curve down a little bit?

Normally the higher the dot the faster the movement, I had a simular problem with the pitch, so I remade the curve a lot lower and as a 'free' side effect I had a built in dead zone with out having to go into a dead zone profile.
Kman

Post by Kman »

Yes Barred I tried shifting as much as 8 clicks downward.....still fast. I will try again.
I really appreciate your trying to help me. I wish the NP guys would at least reply as well. Maybe Wayne will be sending his FS2004 profile out to all the guys (myself included) who's emails are listed on that thread.

Thanks again.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Kman I hope that your problem is fixed. Sorry I have not gotten back to you I must have missed this thread untill now.

If you are still having problems with speed still try moving the sensor back a bit as that will slow the ratio of your head movement/ingame head moving.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Kman,

You can get my profile here...

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/com ... files.html

If you are stiill having problems please give me a shout.