HELLLLLLLLLLP!

musbou

HELLLLLLLLLLP!

Post by musbou »

Please bear with me as I have had two major problems over the weekend. I know there is someone out there who can help me. 1. I keep having the same problem when I go to install the newest version. Step by step; I download the new version, unplug the IR from the USB connection, remove the previous version, install the new one, and then the problems begin. I usally have to use the intsall disk to get back to Vector. This time, it was worse. I got only the control panel for the PRO TrackIR. I went to the register site to put in my Vector number, and it went to Blue Screen! I cannot get out of the Blue Screen now, and I have tried Safe Mode. Everything happened after I installed Talk Buddy on Saturday. I went to use my Vector, but the green light did not come on. This is the first time this has happend. I reinstalled Vector, and it worked until this morning.
Please forgive my ramblings, but I now have no access to my computer. I will call Dell tonight and be ready for a long, frustrating session unless anyone can help me first. If no one can, I may have to have to call the Computer Geek Squad from Best Buy I have seen on T.V. and spend the money to have one come to my place. Make my day better, anyone! Thanks
trilogy

Re: HELLLLLLLLLLP!

Post by trilogy »

Have you tried a system restore?
That can be done from the command line.
musbou

Post by musbou »

I could not try that as I could not get by the blue screen. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell last night, and the only thing I could do at the end was a total reinstall of XP. That meant of course wiping out all my files and starting fresh. We don't know what the problem was. Before the blue screen, I had done my usual spyware, adware, and virus check. Now I am apprehensive when I reinstall TrackIR and Vector tonight. (Sound of nails being bitten).
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

jens,

If you start your computer without TrackIR connected do you still have this problem? It sounds like an issue with your system for sure.

Let me see if I can help...

f you re-install Win Xp over the top you should not loose the files that are currently on your system.
musbou

Post by musbou »

I found the toll free number for Support, and called them yesterday. I was walked through a clean install of Track IR Pro and Vector. He told me to just download the latest version, .22, and not to use the install cd that came with the Track IR, as everything was on the download. That is what has been screwing me up. Now let me ask you this so I have no doubt in my little mind; when the next version comes out, do I just download it or do I uninstall the current version? Will I need to unplug from the usb connection, or can I just keep it plugged in? I know I have asked this before, but I have had a couple of different answers (not from you).
Thanks Wayne
Barred

Post by Barred »

Jens, the best way to install the latest version of the software/driver is to:-
Download the new Driver
Unplug the IR
Goto Control Pannel/add remove Programs
Uninstall the TrackIR/NaturalPoint
Gointo c/:programs/ and delete the NaturalPoint/TrackIR directory
Reboot
Install the latest Software/driver
Plug in the TIR once the installation has finished.
Follow the on screen instructions
When/if Widows cpmplains select YesInstall anyway.

This will give you a clean installation of TIR.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I could not have said it better myself
musbou

Post by musbou »

Thanks Barred and Wayne. In all the times I have been using this, I never did all the steps you wrote. I remember someone saying you don't have to unplug the Tracker if you are using the 4. drivers.
Believe me; when the next one comes out, I will do each step. I kept putting the install cd back in, which is what screwed me. Thanks so much for making it so clear! The Vector has really changed my flighing. If I don't turn it on to just go check out a new plane, I find myself turning and expecting my view to change.