Home Made Vector Clips: Ideas?

Jim

Re: Home Made Vector Clips: Ideas?

Post by Jim »

I was thinking that everyone would be against a USB powered option, as that would require a cable, and we are now wireless, so that might be considered a step backwards. The battery option would be light weight to be sure. I will make some test units up for you all to look at in the near future.
t2maw

Post by t2maw »

I think a headset is a great idea as long as the headset isn't cheaply made. The best i've come across is the altec lansing light headset/mic. Another idea would be to make the ir segments detatchable so I can put them on my new headset when the mic or sound goes bad which often does considering the small wiring they have.
Kyril

Post by Kyril »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

Okay, so an Active LED clip that can be mounted on a hat or headset, but it would have a battery that would only last about 100 hours and you would have to remember to turn it off! Thoughts?Me likes
xenix

Post by xenix »

First sry for my bad English.
I have mounted my Vector on my Headseat and now i can Perfekt look around. I got 2 x 21 Monitor (dualview in Games) I think its better work with thease solution because i can put my Trackir3pro on the Monitor and its in the same high now. Before i had much problems to find a place where i am in the same high.

bye the way ,Thx for the Mouseemulation support in the last driver
Slice

Post by Slice »

Yeah I stick mine onto my headphones sometimes I catch it if I lean back and put my hands behind my head to yawn or something so it's getting a bit battered now
Generally it works very well so I'd like something along those lines, a slimline, tough clip that can be put on a headset (that also copes with the various widths of head band there of course) would be cool.
Combathanger

Post by Combathanger »

I have modified my vector clip with some large aquarium tubing, cut into 3 lengths to match the original reflector size, and about � or the diameter, flatenned out somewhat, covered in reflective stuff (I got mine at the autoparts store).

You notice the clip has curved surfaces on the horozontal plane so that you get a nice smooth reflective action as you turn your head and the angle changes. This was NOT carried over to the verticle, which causes some issues as you look down (in particular since the unit is typically above your head). With the reflectified tubing, I now have curvature in the up down axis too....has reduced my 'lost head' issues 95%
xenix

Post by xenix »

Ok here is another way to use my Trackir, last i have an Idee to build me a H-Shifter for Lfs.
After long search i found the solution in my Trackir and its very very simple
I Took a long Metal Stick mount my Shifter from Momo Wheel on it put the trackir on the Top from my building Stick then i stuck a Dot on the Sfifter.Then you need a h- pattern or somesthing like this. After that all i download the Program Trackmapper from your side and config the Square / 6 fields (5 forward 1 backward).
Now i start Lfs an config the Squarefield Numbers to the gears 1-5 and the backward.
Its a little tricky and take a while for config and build but after some hour i have won some races with friend its a total another feeling to shift like real car.

(its a very simple explanation because my english is bad)
Bye

[ July 12, 2005, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: xenix ]
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

This is great stuff.

So, would this Active LED replace the steel vector attachment?

Nice part of this, you could attach that to a hat, headset, whatever.

[ July 16, 2005, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: 609IAP_Recon ]
ragnar

Post by ragnar »

Just for mounting the clip, The Thought I had was how about using a tennis player type visor thats open on the top for cooling the head but you still have the visor for mounting the clip?
von Baur

Post by von Baur »

That's what I have.