the track ir and vectors dont work

teemuss

the track ir and vectors dont work

Post by teemuss »

what can we do wayne when we regreat that we bought this track ir and the vector,i dont know but it do not work very good i look down the floor all the time even if im sitting quite with my head im getting more and more confused over this product.in the beggining i was using your profile but then i installed it again after reformat my harddisk and now it do not work at all. so i really need help,or else i have to sell this product again.
Barred

Re: the track ir and vectors dont work

Post by Barred »

Hi Michael, form the sound of (it with you looking at the floor) yout TIR sensor might be a bit too close to the reflector. Try my setup of:

TIR-Vector 90cm (30")
Sensor 5cm above the top reflector

I would also use a different cap to the TrackHat or cover the front reflector on the peak.

With the tracking window open can you see any other hotspots?

At the bottom of the tracking window (whist in editing the profile) try increasing "light filtering", "Use Blue LED" and Dot are all on.

Sometimes profiles that are made in older versions of the drivers do not work correctly in later drivers, what I would sugest is to write down the settings and copy them over to a new profile and delete the old one.

Good Luck
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

michael,

I am sure we can find out what the problem is.

Can you be more specific as to what is not working? Have all the drivers installed without problems. Is it the unit that is not working or the profile?
teemuss

Post by teemuss »

sorry i been away for some time the problem is that the track ir goes down all the time so i look at the floor and i have to move my head a lot to get it up again i have tried to get it work and maybe i find a way to make it work the track ir is sitting on my tft screen about 3 foots from my head i dont know if thats to much or not im using your profile wayne.
von Baur

Post by von Baur »

The distance sounds right, Michael. You might also need to tip your hat back on your head a bit. If you wear the cap low on your forehead the reflectors aim down and not directly at the camera. Tipping the cap (and therefore the reflectors) back returns them to pointing at the camera properly. Give that a shot.