Suddenly not working

sclincoln

Suddenly not working

Post by sclincoln »

I got my TrackIR 3 and Vector Exp about a week ago. I got it all set up according to the manual and everything worked great. I tweaked some settings incl light filtering and preferred dot size and all was well. I went away for a couple days, came back and tried to use it and nothing. I wasn't wearing the Trackhat when I started it up so I'm wondering if there is some sort of autogain or something that went out of whack when it couldn't find the vector clip at first. The tracking screen shows a lot of noise incl horizontal lines but the vector clip hardly shows up at all even when it's right in front of the TrackIR. I've tried tweaking the light filtering and preferred dot size but no go.
There are no light sources behind me or anything more reflective than my wall paper.
rodom

Re: Suddenly not working

Post by rodom »

Can you post a screen shot of your tracking window? Or send it to me via e-mail at rick@naturalpoint.com.

Thanks!
il2user

Post by il2user »

hi,
my TIR3pro unit does this same every now and then. Sometimes the Tracking window shows all green. Every time this has been fixed by simply unplugging and then after a moment replugging the unit's USB cable.

This happens so often, that if I intend to use TIR in some game, I first check the Tracking window. Once I can see that it isn't all green and that there aren't background lights or reflections, then I start the game. A bit extra work, but much quicker than ruining a game session with TIR tracking working unreliably or not at all.
sclincoln

Post by sclincoln »

You were right. Just unplugging it then replugging it solved the problem.
NKPPilot

Post by NKPPilot »

Same problem..

and a short term fix...

Not acceptable though in the long term. I am not going to plug anf unplug this thing every couple of hours/days...

What's actually happening here? How do we fix it...
NKPPilot

Post by NKPPilot »

Ok just another quick note...

If you have one the old motherboards with the "bad" VIA USB thingy, unplugging it doesn't always clear it. Had to unplug and reboot this time.

** It ALWAYS seems to "go bad" after running World War 2 Online... for me. Just in case that helps**
Pritzl

Post by Pritzl »

Yep, always had this problem but it just got worse with the version 4 software/vector expansion. (I installed both at the same time so am not sure which one compounded the problem)

Are all of you on SP1?
What about other USB devices?
Pritzl

Post by Pritzl »

Hello? Anyone home?
rodom

Post by rodom »

If you are getting distortion or a green screen issue please send a screen shot of your tracking window to me at rick@naturalpoint.com