Regular pauses

Pizzicato

Regular pauses

Post by Pizzicato »

Hi guys,

I've had my Track IR 3 Pro and Vector Expansion for about 9 months and I'm starting to develop a problem.

Basically, I'm finding that the view is freezing for about one second in every ten. The intervals aren't totally equally, but that's roughly how often I'm experiencing them. Strangely, though, they are pretty regular. Interestingly, these freezes/pauses are happening regardless of viewing angle. Even if I'm looking straight at the PC this happens.

I've played with just about every variation of Light Filtering and Object Size preferences, but problem never gets any better... or worse.

Additionally, I've checked out the Tracking Window and it's not registering any extraneous light sources at all. To test this, I've even gone to the lengths of pretty much blacking the room out, but I'm not seeing any improvement at all in the performance. Finally, if I don't wear the Track Hat, I don't see the green LED, so it doesn't seem like the sensors are picking up anything that they shouldn't.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers, but again - no luck.

This situation is driving me to distraction, but no matter what I try, I cannot seem to resolve it by myself. Is there anything that you can think of that might be causing this issue aside from extraneous light or a hardware issue?

If it does turn out to be a hardware problem, what is the process for returning and replacig the hardware?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt
kevin

Re: Regular pauses

Post by kevin »

Please email support@naturalpoint.com with your serial # and current software version.

If you can send screenshots of the your tracking screen when the unit is tracking erratic that would help.

have you tried unplugging and re-plugging the unit back in?

Best,
Kevin