TIR delay while in use problem

RC

TIR delay while in use problem

Post by RC »

Guys I have a 1-2 second delay in my tracking with the TIR. It is resolved by re-plugging the device in the USB port. However, when I reboot the system it goes back to the delayed mode. I really don't want to have to unplug and replug the device everytime I use want to use it. Any suggestions?

I am running XP with a SB live card
9800 pro radeon vid card

[ November 07, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: RC ]
grantikins

Re: TIR delay while in use problem

Post by grantikins »

I bumping this, Because it's exactly what I'm getting. And unplugging and plugging the track IR did correct the problem immediatly. But rebooting it returns to delayed mode
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Thats very interesting....

Have you tried a different USB port? Plug it into a different one and reboot and see if that cures it.

Also: Do you have it plugged into a USB 2.0 port? If so, try a 1.0 port.
RC

Post by RC »

Yep, I have tried all of the ports and everything else under the sun. It worked flawlessly with 2.11. BTW, if I return to 2.11 it has the same problems. Are you guys sure that the the TIR1 is compatable with this new software for the TIR2? Regardless, it has done something bad since when I attempted to return to 2.11 I had the same problems. I erased everything everywhere and rebooted twice like you guys said but it didn't help.
grantikins

Post by grantikins »

Thanks for the replies Charlie.

I was testing using both 2.0 and 1.0 USB ports. The 2 * 1.0 usb ports are on the motherboard, and a feed cable comes from the M/B to an expansion slot adding 4 USB 2.0's,

I've not had any 3.xx version working as stable as nice as 2.xx yet! Another in our squad with track-ir and v3.01 got jittery in FB but went back to 2.11. It's definatly an issue for some track-IR 1 users. THose that like to have the latest software drivers atleast :-)
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

There was another post in here that the TIR1 "died" when the user upgraded to 3.01. When he reinstalled 2.11, it was still dead.

But then he did something and it fixed it right up. He never posted what he did.

Hopefully he will see this.

Yes, the TrackIR1 is compatible with the 3.XX drivers.
Alexi_Alx_Anova

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

Bump this again since I am also experiencing this problem.

With 3.01 I would at first get an error dialogue box come up which told me that there was something wrong (sorry, can't remember the message) and if I would like to continue anyway. The only fix was to unplug and then replug in the USB.

With the 3.02 beta, I lost the warning message but get the delay unless I unplug/replug.

Gigabyte 8INXP mobo
P4 2.4GHz 533MHz
1G PC2700 DDR-RAM
XP Pro (SP1)
Intel chipset software installation utility v.5.01
Intel Application accelerator v 2.3
GeForce4 Ti4800 128Mb 45.23

Edit: I have updated to the 3.03 drivers and the error message has returned. I get a box entitled "Is the device plugged in?"
Within the box is the following text; "The software could not connect with the Trackir device! The program will start but there will be n mouse control."

[ November 27, 2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Alexi_Alx_Anova ]
Inforit

Post by Inforit »

Bumping this as well. Same problem, taking it out of the usb 1.1 and back in solved the problem. I am sure if I reboot it will happen again.
sweeper

Post by sweeper »

Add me to this list.

Track IR1 was working just fine with the 3.03 drivers, which I downloaded and installed on 12/1. Was using the system heavily since then with narry a glitch.

Tonight I installed the NVidia 53.03 display drivers, and a quick test of TrackIR showed it working fine.

Started LOMAC, noticed big delays in the response of the head movement. Shut down LOMAC, found the same delays in the TrackIR tracking page.

Rebooted. Started TrackIR, tracking page *still* had the slowdown.

Read this thread, without rebooting shut down trackIR, unplugged and plugged TrackIR back in. Now tracking is fine. Am afraid to reboot

Track IR is plugged into a USB1.0 hub, the hub is plugged into a USB2.0 motherboard port.

My system:

TrackIR 1.0/3.03
Pentium 4 Hyperthreading enabled
Intel 874PBZ motherboard/512Mb DDR Ram
Windows XP Pro
Gainward GeForce 5900 Ultra
NVidia 53.03 drivers

FWIW. Sure would be nice to understand this problem, I don't want to have to do a plug dance (and sprinkle some pixie dust) just to play my flight sims now.
sweeper

Post by sweeper »

Just to follow up ... after another reboot the tracking seems to be working fine. Seems to have been a one-time problem (knock on wood).

I'll follow the thread and will be happy to try debugging if I can be of any help. I'll also post again if the problem resurfaces.

Cheers.
Sweeper out.

quote:Originally posted by sweeper:
Add me to this list.

Track IR1 was working just fine with the 3.03 drivers, which I downloaded and installed on 12/1. Was using the system heavily since then with narry a glitch.

Tonight I installed the NVidia 53.03 display drivers, and a quick test of TrackIR showed it working fine.

Started LOMAC, noticed big delays in the response of the head movement. Shut down LOMAC, found the same delays in the TrackIR tracking page.

Rebooted. Started TrackIR, tracking page *still* had the slowdown.

Read this thread, without rebooting shut down trackIR, unplugged and plugged TrackIR back in. Now tracking is fine. Am afraid to reboot

Track IR is plugged into a USB1.0 hub, the hub is plugged into a USB2.0 motherboard port.

My system:

TrackIR 1.0/3.03
Pentium 4 Hyperthreading enabled
Intel 874PBZ motherboard/512Mb DDR Ram
Windows XP Pro
Gainward GeForce 5900 Ultra
NVidia 53.03 drivers

FWIW. Sure would be nice to understand this problem, I don't want to have to do a plug dance (and sprinkle some pixie dust) just to play my flight sims now.